First road bike...

Brandonyatessr
Brandonyatessr Posts: 6
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
So I have him down to $1000, for an 2015 Orbea Avant M20si ... It fits me, is it a good bike?

Comments

• Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Buy a metal bike, not carbon for your first one. This way you can make mistakes and not significantly damage it.
  • Used or new? First road bike or first bike?
  • So I have him down to $1000, for an 2015 Orbea Avant M20si ... It fits me, is it a good bike?

If you like it and it fits you and is within budget go for it.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    So I have him down to $1000, for an 2015 Orbea Avant M20si ... It fits me, is it a good bike?

I used to ride for around 16000 km the Avant H30 (alu 105), and i was very pleased. I have several friends that they ride different kind of orbea's (from DH MTB's to aero), and nobody ever complained. Lifetime frame warranty too. If it fits you and its on a good condition go for it.
  • Well bought it... Its amazing I just need shoes that fit the petals and a computer and I'm good to go on my journey into road bikes. From the feel of it, it looks like my mtb is stuck on child trailer/wet ride duty for the season... Lol
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Well bought it... Its amazing I just need shoes that fit the petals and a computer and I'm good to go on my journey into road bikes. From the feel of it, it looks like my mtb is stuck on child trailer/wet ride duty for the season... Lol

You don't NEED a computer, just ride the damned thing!
  • Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Well bought it... Its amazing I just need shoes that fit the petals and a computer and I'm good to go on my journey into road bikes. From the feel of it, it looks like my mtb is stuck on child trailer/wet ride duty for the season... Lol

You don't NEED a computer, just ride the damned thing!
    Agreed, riding without computer is so much joy. Riding with a computer I just stare at the screen, something that I already do too much off the bike.