new cannondale trail back wheel wont align

pe1ter
pe1ter Posts: 169
edited April 2018 in MTB beginners
hi everyone ive put a few posts on this bike about frame size and standover height ive had the bike a month and not used it yet uve ridden round garden and up and down road to get it set up right but the one thing that is bugging me is that the back wheel wont centre its over on one side towards the disk side of frame ive tried everything been on you tube watching vids but it just wont centre its frustrating me because on my road bike wheel of wheel back on no probs im not a complete novice but this is doing my head in i bought it from online retailer its to far to send back please help so i can finally use the thing

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Post some pictures.

Can't say much without seeing it, with the wheel in and some of the dropouts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Surely you mean the rim, depending on how it is not centered could be issued with drop out (unless it has a maxle) or the dishing is out.
  • pe1ter
    how do i post pics can i do it from my phone
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Read the FAQs
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pe1ter
    thanks for the advice really helpful
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It’s very helpful advice. The FAQs give a step by step guide to posting pictures.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    pe1ter wrote:
    how do i post pics can i do it from my phone
    No.

You need to upload to an external host such as Flikr and then post from there.

All in the FAQ, its a frequent question which is why its masterly hidden in the FAQ.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.