Rivelo Honister Shorts

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
Just ordered a pair for £50 were £120. Any long term users who can vouch for the alledged quality and comfort?

Comments

• dgstewart
    dgstewart Posts: 252
    Sports Pursuit? I've had a pair of these for a couple of years. I rotate quite a few pairs of shorts so probably only wear them once a week on average.

I've found them to be pretty comfy and they seem to keep their looks and shape well. The leg gripper is good, and I like the slightly longer leg on them.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Were they really ever £120 though ? I take some of SportsPursuits claims with a pinch of salt. I'm sure they are great for £50.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Do they come with a single use replaceable pad for when you crap yourself coming down Honister?
    left the forum March 2023
  • dgstewart
    dgstewart Posts: 252
    I've never really seen them for sale anywhere else so not sure about the £120 price. For £50 though they are excellent value and good quality.
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    They are a Sportpursuit brand, which is not a bad thing.
    I now have 3 pairs of the shorts and they are excellent.

As mentioned above the grippers on the legs are excellent, the pad is very comfortable for me and as good as shorts at twice the price that I've used before.
    Ive had a couple of the pairs for over 2 years and they really do still look like new - no bobbling or degradation of the fabric at all - they are my go to shorts for everything, I don't even use most of my other shorts anymore because these are just so comfortable, fit well and the design is understated.

If you get them at £49.99, which they are almost always priced at, then they are great value.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    dgstewart wrote:
    Sports Pursuit? I've had a pair of these for a couple of years. I rotate quite a few pairs of shorts so probably only wear them once a week on average.

I've found them to be pretty comfy and they seem to keep their looks and shape well. The leg gripper is good, and I like the slightly longer leg on them.

Ditto. Decent for £50, not worth £120, but I've had no issues in the two years I've been using them.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Do they come with a single use replaceable pad for when you crap yourself coming down Honister?

Never done that on Honister. Hard Knott on the other hand....

Happy forum 10th anniversary for tuesday by the way Ugo.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Really like my Honisters and would buy another pair. I also got the grey Pembridge jersey which is nice, and just missed getting the Honisters with the matching grey leg gripper from SportsPursuit for only £39.99 the other week. A steal at that price...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I bought a pair and whilst they are ok, they bunch up a bit on the legs despite the grippers. Not bad for the money. However, I also bought a Pembridge jersey which is next to hopeless - the rear sags horrendously if you put any kit in the pockets so it ended up covering my arse! Better quality jerseys don’t give so much vertically.

PP
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Some nice looking Rivelo prestwick shorts just released as part of a new summer range.
    Don’t know how they’ll compare to the honisters, but at 39.99 I might take a punt.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Mine arrived ok. Quality was great, fit was not so great so they went back.