Ultegra 8050 Di2 on S-Works Tarmac SL5

kwmi
kwmi Posts: 15
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
I was going to buy a used S-Works Tarmac SL5 frame which has "OSSB" and comes with "Ceramic Speed bottom bracket bearings". I'd like to try to throw the Ultegra 8050 groupset on there but have no clue which bottom bracket I should select - press, italian or english?

Anybody familiar with this frameset and know what might be compatible?

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    kwmi wrote:
    I was going to buy a used S-Works Tarmac SL5 frame which has "OSSB" and comes with "Ceramic Speed bottom bracket bearings". I'd like to try to throw the Ultegra 8050 groupset on there but have no clue which bottom bracket I should select - press, italian or english?

Does it not come with a bottom bracket already in place?

If not this should help to clarify a few things:

https://www.kogel.cc/blogs/kbba/special ... -explained
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Shouldn't you wait until you've secured the frame before buying the BB?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • kwmi
    dstev55 wrote:
    kwmi wrote:

Does it not come with a bottom bracket already in place?

If not this should help to clarify a few things:

https://www.kogel.cc/blogs/kbba/special ... -explained

I'm thinking this is the case I was just a bit confused because when specing out my groupset it is asking which BB I want. I imagine the CeramciSpeed bracking bearings is a bottom bracket so let's hope that does the trick.
  • kwmi
    philthy3 wrote:

I've just purchased the frame and it is en route. I'm looking to buy the groupset now so that I can have both arrive around the same time which is why I'm looking to clear any comparability issues up front.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    kwmi wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

I've just purchased the frame and it is en route. I'm looking to buy the groupset now so that I can have both arrive around the same time which is why I'm looking to clear any comparability issues up front.

I'd be very surprised if there were any compatibility issues, I think you'll be fine.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    kwmi wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

kwmi wrote:

I obviously went by your original post that said you was going to buy. BB30 or 24mm will fit with the right BB.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.