Tacx Vortex calibration

Davis_XI
Davis_XI Posts: 151
Hi

Having real trouble getting my Tacx Vortex power to match my Powertap P1 pedals. So far I've warmed the machine with a ten minute ride, made sure my tire pressure is at 120psi, calibrated it via the Tacx app, and then calibrated it via the trainerroad app but still wildly out compared to power metre. I'm currently power matching but would rather not have change my pedals over every time i go on the trainer. Obviously not expecting an exact match but somewhere near would be good.

I'm using an elite turbo trainer tire if that makes any difference.

Anyone with any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Davis_XI wrote:
    Hi

Having real trouble getting my Tacx Vortex power to match my Powertap P1 pedals. So far I've warmed the machine with a ten minute ride, made sure my tire pressure is at 120psi, calibrated it via the Tacx app, and then calibrated it via the trainerroad app but still wildly out compared to power metre. I'm currently power matching but would rather not have change my pedals over every time i go on the trainer. Obviously not expecting an exact match but somewhere near would be good.

I'm using an elite turbo trainer tire if that makes any difference.

Anyone with any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Would a spare wheel be a better option? FWIW I have a TACX Flow Smart and it's nowhere near my power meter either. I can warm it up for 10 minutes and still it's too variable. You'll get the odd time when the stars align but generally the Flow over reads at threshold type power then under reads any time you go north of 450-500W.

For applications like Zwift I use my power meter to record the power but pair the TACX so resistance can be controlled by Zwift.