Shimano RP9 Shoes

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
I had a pair of the RC9 Sphyre's which were totaled in a crash, I really liked these shoes, they were stiff, light and comfy, but bloody expensive.

I have seen some great deals on the RP9 which are meant to be the long distance/sportive shoes but also pretty stiff, just not as supportive or race orientated as the RC9's.

Has anyone on here ridden in both shoes and if so what were your thoughts? I race so want something that will be stiff and supportive and want to know if you can feel the distance between the 2 shoes in the real world?

As an aside I also have a pair of R171's which are my winter/commuting shoes, and have raced in these with no issues but these are more race orientated also.

Thanks
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,803
    Have a Google for the Shimano r321 shoes too. They're the previous generation pro level shoes so are as stiff as you'll ever need.

A few places still seem to have them in limited sizes for 150 quid or less.
  • I'm going to give these a go, did you buy them in the end? Any comments?
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    I did buy the RP9s and took them out on their maiden ride today, first impressions are that they are fantastic! Well made, very comfortable and look great, I went for black but am going to get the white too I think
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!