Sram Apex 1

cdempsey
cdempsey Posts: 69
edited April 2018 in Road general
Anyone running Sram Apex or rival x1 on their road bike? If so can I have some feedback view Soon? Thanks

Comments

• I run rival 1 x on my cx bike but do plenty of riding on the road with it as well. Really good groupset, you get very precise shifting and it works well even when it's covered in crud. Crankset is very stiff, no noticeable difference between that and the red cranks I run on my road bike. In terms of gearing I run a 42t with an 11-30 which covers most eventualities although if you were thinking of racing you might want a larger chainring.
  • cdempsey
    cdempsey Posts: 69
    I run rival 1 x on my cx bike but do plenty of riding on the road with it as well. Really good groupset, you get very precise shifting and it works well even when it's covered in crud. Crankset is very stiff, no noticeable difference between that and the red cranks I run on my road bike. In terms of gearing I run a 42t with an 11-30 which covers most eventualities although if you were thinking of racing you might want a larger chainring.

Thanks for that. Won’t be racing so hopefully ok with 42 up front and 11-42on back (live in the Lakes so need a decent granny). Will purchase 44 or even 48;chainring if spinning out too much (seen these available on bikester. Cheers.
  • Rival for me, 44t chainring, 10-42 cassette. I really like it as it's got the same range as my 50/34, 11-32. Most of the jumps in the middle of the block are absolutely fine to deal with; it's only the last jump from 12 to 10 that's a bit tough sometimes. Apart from that, no complaints at all!
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Got it on my Slate (gravel/cross type bike), zero issues in 6 months. Shifts crisp and fast, can't fault it.