Turbo Skewer Alternative for non QR wheel

cld531c
cld531c Posts: 517
Hello
Does anyone know if there is any way/special adapter available for using a fixed gear bike on a smart turbo?
Obviously with no quick release I cant use the turbo quick release skewer but wondered if there was an attachment available?
Thanks

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I used my fixed wheel on my turbo just fine. It was secure on locknuts - obviously no QR lever to slot through though.
  • cld531c
    thanks - nothing extra just stick it in???
    may give it a whirl tonight
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just by putting it on the turbo you should be able to tell if it's secure or not ?
  • cld531c
    cougie wrote:
    Just by putting it on the turbo you should be able to tell if it's secure or not ?

True - but didnt want to drag the bike from the garage through the house upstairs to the spare room if there was no chance!
  • EBEB
    EBEB Posts: 98
    My fixed wheel bike was too loose in a Tacx Bushido. There were some stupidly expensive alternative ends to make it fit I found, but I kinda figured I’d just invent a bodge. Never got round to it though.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Just change the wheel axles for some with the centre drilled for skewers. I did it with my wife's hybrid without problem. Although you can use the turbo without doing it, it makes life simpler out on the road.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.