New Endurance bike help please

poddy
poddy Posts: 52
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
HI-looking to upgrade my current ride, a 2013 Specialized Allez Sport, standard except for Zonda wheelset (excellent btw) and Swiss-stop pads.

Looking for a disc road bike that's a bit lighter, current bike is 9.4 kg. Reason for upgrade is mainly to have disc brakes but whilst I'm at it thought I may as well get as light a bike as possible as I live in Wales hence I do plenty of climbs. Also I don't really want to spend what is a lot of money to me on my next bike and feel I need to upgrade anything major, like wheels.

Budget is under £2,000 and so far been looking at Cannondale CAAD12 105 but also the Boardman SLR Endurance Disc 9.2, both similar prices and weight. Not bothered whether carbon or not and not bothered about which brand.

Anyone have any other suggestions? A lot of the disc bikes I've looked at aren't that much lighter than my current ride. Not a weight weenie but I don't change my bikes often so thought I'd try and tick all the boxes, disc and as light as possible for under £2k.

Thanks.

Comments

• lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    This?

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/endur ... c-7-0.html

Endurance geometry, Disc brakes, light(er), carbon frame/forks, within budget, looks fantastic. Never ridden one, but they review well and it's one to add to the shortlist perhaps?
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    CAAD its not an endurance bike, and a few grams are not the most important thing when you are looking for a bike, eventually you will replace the wheels and you will gain up to half kilo just from that. For climbing (and i climb alot) more important is to have lower gears than to pay premium just to loose a few grams.

If you are looking for an endurance from cannondale synapse its an excellent choice, it was on my short list before i buy my infinito (that i love but above your budget, but intenso is great bike too).

Giant Defy Advanced 2 also an other excellent choice within your money. Most probably you will find a good deal on cube's too.
  • poddy
    poddy Posts: 52
    Thanks all, some great suggestions there and the Canyon looks great! Just found out Alf Jones cycles near where I live are having demo day soon so will try and get on to that, they stock Cannondale and Giant, prob best to give them a go as I may be getting too hung up on the weight.