Co2 Cartridge Hack

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited April 2018 in Road general
My gas meter is on the outside of my house, and some moisture was able to get inside it. this was a few months ago when it was -5 at night. So I could not top up my gas, as the meter wouldn't respond to the card being inserted, and when i rang the gas company, they couldn't replace the meter until the morning as there was no immediate danger. However, the advisor said you can try spraying in some that compressed air you can get to clean a keyboard.

I didn't have any of that cleaner stuff, so I jammed a straw in to the co2 cartridge tool thingy and screwed a co2 cartridge in to the other end. Released it all in to the meter, and hey presto, it started working.

The meter was replaced the following day and I was informed that i should never have been told to spray anything in to a meter.

Moral of the story? Rules sometimes have to be broken, but only when using cycling products on gas meters.
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    great story - thanks for sharing.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    oxoman wrote:
    If you don't believe me use a inflatable without gloves or cover on
    Don't actually do this.

I got caught out using one with a poorly positioned cloth wrapped round it recently and froze part of my finger so badly that it looked like a burn and I lost all sensation in that part of my finger for a few days.
  • great story - thanks for sharing.

How do you top up a gas meter?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    great story - thanks for sharing.

How do you top up a gas meter?
    connect it to next door’s :lol:

PP