schwalbe magic mary addix ultra soft

hfear
hfear Posts: 8
edited April 2018 in MTB general
hello

probably a thick question, but can the schwalbe magic mary addix ultra soft be used as normal tyres or are they only for tubeless???

mt

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If you mean can it be used with an inner tube, then yes, it can.
    All tyres can be used with an inner tube whether they are designated as tubeless or not.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • hfear
    thanks... :D

what are the differences between tubless and normal tyres then...
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    hfear wrote:
    thanks... :D

What are the differences between tubeless and normal tyres then...

Tubeless tyres use sealant inside which seals holes in the tyre from punctures etc.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Tubeless or tubeless ready tyres have a less porous casing in theory to help prevent air leakage. However, you need to use sealant to seal any punctures that may occur and this coats the inside of whatever tyre you use and prevents air leakage anyway.
    Most tyres can be set up tubeless but it is much easier if they have folding beads as they tend to seal better against the wheel rim.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • hfear
    thanks...

on the same sort of subject, does anyone have any recommendations for tyres?

i'm looking for tyres which are:

puncture resistant
    suitable for mtb trail and a bit of enduro/dh
    suitable for a variety of terrain - i.e soft mud and firmer ground

i like the look of the schwalbe magic mary, but the price...!

thanks
  • I run a maxxis minion dhf upfront and a maxxis ardent rear, great tyres.

Would do everything you want and more :)