Rear disc wheel not centred

mtbrider123
mtbrider123 Posts: 102
edited April 2018 in Workshop
Hi Guys,

I have an Argon 18 E118 Next TT bike and a Zipp super 9 disc wheel. The wheel for some reason is not sitting straight between the chainstays. It is sitting around 2mm towards the left side of the seat stays (when looking from behind). However, it is centred at the bottom (chain stays). If I centre the wheels with my hands, the tyre will start to rub on the right side of the chain stays. Did anyone ever have this problem or knows how to solve it?

Thanks

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    when that is the case, it implies a problem with the alignment of the dropouts, rather than a problem with the wheels. 2 mm doesn't seem much and won't give you any trouble, but if the frame is brand new, it is probably worth speaking to the retailer
    left the forum March 2023
  • mtbrider123
    when that is the case, it implies a problem with the alignment of the dropouts, rather than a problem with the wheels. 2 mm doesn't seem much and won't give you any trouble, but if the frame is brand new, it is probably worth speaking to the retailer

I had exactly the same problem with the previous model of the E118, so should I play with the screws in the dropouts?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

I had exactly the same problem with the previous model of the E118, so should I play with the screws in the dropouts?

If its a new frame check frame alignment and return if out.

Once youre certain the frame is aligned properly and that you arent going to fret about it for ever or wonder if its responsible for you not winning every tt you enter then use the adjustment screws to dial in the rear wheel :)
  • mtbrider123

If its a new frame check frame alignment and return if out.

Once youre certain the frame is aligned properly and that you arent going to fret about it for ever or wonder if its responsible for you not winning every tt you enter then use the adjustment screws to dial in the rear wheel :)

I’ll check it. Thanks for your advice!