Specialized Hover bars width measurement?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
Thinking about getting some these. Anyone know whether the sizes they quote are taken centre to centre at the hoods, or at the end of the bars? I'm presuming the former, given they also do versions with 12 degree flare (which are the ones I'd be getting), but their website doesn't say.

Thanks
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• nachetetm
    nachetetm Posts: 41
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Thinking about getting some these. Anyone know whether the sizes they quote are taken centre to centre at the hoods, or at the end of the bars? I'm presuming the former, given they also do versions with 12 degree flare (which are the ones I'd be getting), but their website doesn't say.

Thanks

I just happened to measure yesterday the flared hover bars I recently installed. The size quoted is taken centre to centre at the hoods. I hope it helps.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    nachetetm wrote:
    Luv2ride wrote:

Thanks

I just happened to measure yesterday the flared hover bars I recently installed. The size quoted is taken centre to centre at the hoods. I hope it helps.

Just what I needed. Thanks :) How do you get on with them? Do the raised sections have a flat top? Cheers
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Luv2ride wrote:
    nachetetm wrote:
    Luv2ride wrote:

Thanks

Just what I needed. Thanks :) How do you get on with them? Do the raised sections have a flat top? Cheers

Yes the raised section is aero/flat. Nice and wide and very very comfy.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    I've got 2 pairs, aluminium and carbon and they're really nice bars for me. Recommend.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • nachetetm
    nachetetm Posts: 41
    solboy10 wrote:
    Luv2ride wrote:
    nachetetm wrote:
    Luv2ride wrote:

Thanks

Yes the raised section is aero/flat. Nice and wide and very very comfy.

Not on the flared ones, only in the non-flared version the top is flat.

I love the bars, It changed completely my riding, as now I am much more comfortable on the drops and the shape fits my hands much better. It also places the brake and gear levers in a more optimal position (for me) and the flare gives an angle to the hoods that is very comfy for my wrists. Best upgrade I did on my bike (together with blue swiss stop pads, massive improvement also)