Front light ideas

rob39
rob39 Posts: 479
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
Anyone use similar as a front road bike light, lot cheaper than a dedicated bike light https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07166 ... rch&psc=1#

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yes I've used similar before the magicshine bike lights came out. It's great if you're not doing a few hours at a time.
  • joebristol
    joebristol Posts: 327
    It’ll probably be bright enough, but sometimes the torch style lights don’t have a good bracket to fix to the bars.

I’ve got a great torch thing (Soshine TC12 from Torchy the battery boy on eBay) that is solid,
    Seems well made, usb rechargeable and has a good battery. Works well on my helmet, but on the bars of my road bike it wobbles a bit more than I’d like. On the mountain bike with 160mm of front suspension it’s much better!

Just picked up a Moon Meteor Vortex Pro for £35 in a sale (rrp is £69.99 but it’s not worth that) which is 900 lumens claimed, has multiple settings (solid and flashing) and is just that bit smaller and lighter. It has a better bar mount and it doesn’t wobble. Now my road bike front light of choice.