Dura Ace Cassette

ollaay
ollaay Posts: 166
edited April 2018 in Workshop
Bought a bike with a pair of 10 speed wheels that had been converted to 11 speed so just like anyother wheel now, along with a Dura ace 9000 cassette and it had a spacer behind it, thought it was a bit odd but left it as it was..

Got a new set of wheels that came with a 11 speed ultegra cassette and works fine, went to switch it over to the Dura ace and then the cassette is loose almost like it needs a spacer?
Why would a 11 speed cassette be wobbly on a 11 speed freehub? Unless I'm missing something

Comments

• Andymaxy
    Andymaxy Posts: 197
    Some 11 speed wheels still require a spacer even if your using a 11 speed cassette, but if your 11 speed ultegra cassette doesn't wobble, then I don't know why a dura ace cassette would
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Unless it's an 11-34 cassette?
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • ollaay
    Andymaxy wrote:
    Some 11 speed wheels still require a spacer even if your using a 11 speed cassette, but if your 11 speed ultegra cassette doesn't wobble, then I don't know why a dura ace cassette would
    This is exactly what I'm thinking haha. Nothing missing from Dura ace cassette either
  • ollaay
    Svetty wrote:
    Unless it's an 11-34 cassette?
    It's a 11-25 :P
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    Make sure the lock ring is on dead flat, and that you don’t lift it one side as you try to tighten it ( very easy to do if your using a cassette tool with a lever attached ). Press the tool against the lock ring as you tighten it, to make sure it’s tightening up fully.