Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Oh shoot why did I say yes to this saturday

tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,058
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
censored all sleep, bike loaded into the van and now sat on the coach waiting for the transfer

Tbh - not seen another single speed yet

After hopefully completing the ride, big beer is planned obviously

• WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,644
    I’m beyond envious. Would love a go at that ride.

Just not on a single speed. :lol:
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,198
    'ning

gears are good

tweety birds are tweeting, off for a ride when it gets light, temperature already 11, great days, though forecast showers dissuade me from switching to the wheels with fresh tubs
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,729
    Morning all, lovely start to the day here as well, good luck with the ride TLW
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,244
    Pissing down with rain here, park run cancelled due to flooding so will be fixing bikes this morning.

Do they have beer stops on the paris-roubaix? Might take away some of the single speed pain :D
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,306
    Morning All. Parkrun may be missed today as feeling fragile from over indulgence last night. May run or even ride later if it's dry, rain promised any time now. Chilling out wkend for a change, good luck on the ride TLW. TLW you're officially a sadist doing the ride on a single speed.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,308 Lives Here
    Pretty sure I’m significantly more comfortable than TLW at this point in time. Second cup of tea done and about to put the coffee on. Need to pop round to borrow garden shredder off a mate then trimming back bushes and an olive tree. Deep joy. Should get some brownie points for doing so at least.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,531
    I think there's a reason why he hasn't seen another single speed.

Good lie in and taking the hound off to agility classes shortly. Should be good for a laugh if nothing else.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,122
    Morning
    Breakfasted on the patio in the sunshine unfortunately it’s now p*ssing down. A bit sore from yesterday’s four plus trudge, I wonder why fours walking hurts more than fours on the bike.
    Today will a turbo session at best as we have friends threatening to visit.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,201
    'fours' ?

What sort of [email protected] wants to go up the Huuy on an SS?

Foggy here.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Been running, got blisters, now looking up a rebuild video on youtube for the chainsaw now I have overnight parts from Japan.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,058
    I'm alive, just in pain, a lot of pain

Great ride, highly recommended, just don't ask me to join you just yet- need the hands and arms to recover first
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,449
    tlw1 wrote:

Great ride, highly recommended, just don't ask me to join you just yet- need the hands and arms to recover first
    Well done TLW, it just goes to show the magical properties of beer, cider and wine. I raise a glass of some Belgian monk-made looney juice in your general direction. :D
  • crumbschiefcrumbschief Posts: 3,412
    tlw1 wrote:

Haha Just sit in a chair with a pint on the table and a really long straw.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,894
    tlw1 wrote:

I raise my glass of Poperings Hommel Bier to you. Did you really do P-R on a single speed? Nutter.
    I ache, but not as much as TLW does. Productive day, tree and shrubs lopped, fixed a broken window latch and a dodgy light switch. Now drinking a beer.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,531
    tlw1 wrote:

Well done on completing it with a fair old handicap. What other acts of random masochism do you have planned?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,306

Its official TLW1 is certifiably a sadistic madman. Well done.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    tlw1 wrote:

Better head over to Amsterdam for a proper massage,

Well done BTW.
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
    oxoman wrote:
    Its official TLW1 is certifiably a sadistic madman. Well done.
    Did anyone ever doubt that?
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,244
    tlw1 wrote:
    Nice one.
    Did you manage to spot any other Singlespeeds?

In other news, tubeless sucks.
    Did you manage to spot any other lunatics?
    That works jsut as well. :lol:
    veronese68 wrote:
    :)
    5 - all pre war looking machines, so I lost :(
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:

Well done on completing it with a fair old handicap. What other acts of random masochism do you have planned?
    Nothing in comparison yet, crit race on Sunday if my legs recover

To aid this, tomorrow will mostly be sitting in the sun at the velodrome, watching the riders come in whilst drinking ale
    tlw1 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    :)
    5 - all pre war looking machines, so I lost :(

Pre Gulf war?
    W - Wiggle Honda