Bike Fit

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2018 in Road general
Any recommendations for a Bike Fit within 25miles of Skipton North Yorkshire ??

Comments

• Anonymous
    158 views and no responses .......ho hum.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I'm one of the 158, but I don't live anywhere near North Yorkshire. HTH.
  • Anonymous
    I can get to leeds. :)
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Not a recommendation but Chevin Cycles offer a bike fitting service.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625
    Its probably that people are still going through the lengthy process of centring google maps on Skipton and typing "bike fitting" into the "nearby" box. I left my cluster of supercomputers working on the problem and it just gave me the answer "42". See link below.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Skipt ... 811747!3e0
  • Anonymous
    Its probably that people are still going through the lengthy process of centring google maps on Skipton and typing "bike fitting" into the "nearby" box. I left my cluster of supercomputers working on the problem and it just gave me the answer "42". See link below.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Skipt ... 811747!3e0

is this a personal recommendation or a suggestion ?
  • 158 views and no responses .......ho hum.

Maybe if you changed the thread title you wouldn't get all the people who are interested in bike fits opening the thread but maybe only those interested in bike fits in Yorkshire.
  • I'm one of the 158, but I don't live anywhere near North Yorkshire.

HTH
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    maybe I shouldn't have bothered....but thanks for the smart arse comments
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,625
    maybe I shouldn't have bothered....but thanks for the smart ars* comments
    I think you induced them with the flouncy "158 hits and no responses" thing. If you would like a serious discussion about the merits of getting a bike fit and where to start, then the thread will be upto 10 pages before you can say "flounce".

As a starter I'd ask why you think you want or need one. Then I'd suggest going to the sort of bike shop that sells the sort of bikes that might merit getting a bike fit. Take your current bike. At that point, you might find that the guys at the shop will be able to spot something badly wrong with your fit and help you fix it before buying a new bike. Once you've got the new bike, if you are still struggling to dial it in, get a bike fit. The people who sold you the bike will probably know someone.

You may have to go more than 25 miles.

There are many types of bike fit. What sort do you want? Do you want the "golum" one with motion capture and lots of impressive graphs? I wouldn't bother - it puts software ahead of experience. Or do you want a "dynamic one" that adjusts your position as you ride? Again, risk here is that it simply confirms what your muscles are currently adaped to do?

So, is that enough of a smartarse anwer for you?
  • You're wasted on here FA
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    As you know I live in North Yorkshire but a long way from you. Ashley at Northern ride in Malton would sort you out but there must be places a lot nearer to Skipton. Somewhere in Harrogate maybe.
  • Not a recommendation but there is Yorkshire Bike Fitting at McArthys business centre on Meanwood Riad in leeds
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Try York Cycleworks , although I’ve never used them for a fit I have used them for parts and repairs and they were great.

http://www.yorkcycleworks.com/bike-fit
  • Love bikeradar, 3 recommendations for bike fits that have never been used.

Re-read First Aspects advise.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Love bikeradar, 3 recommendations for bike fits that have never been used.

Re-read First Aspects advise.
    I didn’t say I hadn’t used Northern ride I said it was a long way from Skipton.
    You got to love a smartarse.
  • Not a recommendation but there is Yorkshire Bike Fitting at McArthys business centre on Meanwood Riad in leeds

Stephen at Yorkshire Bike Fitting is great. I can definitely recommend him. Completely sorted my position out after a few botched attempts of my own. Cycled to my fitting with knee pain and have not had so much as a niggle since.
  • Anonymous
    Not a recommendation but there is Yorkshire Bike Fitting at McArthys business centre on Meanwood Riad in leeds

Stephen at Yorkshire Bike Fitting is great. I can definitely recommend him. Completely sorted my position out after a few botched attempts of my own. Cycled to my fitting with knee pain and have not had so much as a niggle since.

thank you for your recommendation ... next stop leeds.. :D