Which new tyres!?!?!

heaten_skum
heaten_skum Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in MTB general
Hi all, I'm currently running stock 3.0 purgatory tyres on my 6fattie via a 29mm internal rim also stock.

I really like the climbing ability these have but don't like that they squirm under turning and braking at lower pressures to get the grip everywhere else.
I've decided to get some new tyres. I was going to go for slightly smaller 2.8 butcher slaughter combo but have been drawn towards to either 3.0 or 2.8 minions or minion aggressor combo. I can't really go any lower than 2.8 due to BB height. I've ran 2.6 butcher slaughter combo and loved them! Only the slaughter slips on climbing rock and loose. Spesh do offer a 90 day trial though.

Be good to know anyone whose tried the larger volume minions and their thoughts.

Mostly ride llandegla, 7stanes, whinlatter but also heading off to morzine this summer.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Presumably you mean plus sized not fattie?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Specialized call their plus bikes 6fatties
  • Ah yes, speshialized call plus sized 6fattie. Current wheels are 27.5+ 3.0 purgatory back and front. Rims are 29mm internal width. Thanks
  • Damn phone.

***specialized