Cannondale Super Six Evo Sizing Help

Jam29
Jam29 Posts: 16
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi, about to buy my first road bike and could use some advice as I fall between sizes. The bike I am looking at is a 2018 Cannondale Super Six Evo 105. At 6ft and a 32cm inside leg I fall between 56 and 58. I am an experienced mountain biker so not a newb to bikes although never ridden road before. My local bike shop has a 56 in stock would this be ok? Or should I be looking for a 58? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Jam29 wrote:
    Hi, about to buy my first road bike and could use some advice as I fall between sizes. The bike I am looking at is a 2018 Cannondale Super Six Evo 105. At 6ft and a 32cm inside leg I fall between 56 and 58. I am an experienced mountain biker so not a newb to bikes although never ridden road before. My local bike shop has a 56 in stock would this be ok? Or should I be looking for a 58? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can't say for certain but I think you would be ok on a 56. I'm a little taller, slightly longer legs and I'm on a 58 with 100mm stem. The reach on the supersix is quite long compared with say the synapse. The reason I got the 58 was it was close to my Wilier in stack and reach and I was slightly worried that the saddle to bar drop on the 56 might be too much for my back. If in doubt always go smaller and make fit with stem etc.
  • Jam29
    Thanks, Calpol for the advice. The reach on the 56 is 10 cm longer than my mtb which is considered long in reach. Guessing your more upright on a mtb though compared to a road bike which would account for needing a longer top tube?
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    6ft, 31" inside leg - fit on a 56 is spot on with 120mm stem :)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I am 6ft and 33 inside leg. 56 fits me really well.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Jam29
    On the advice of my local bike shop I have gone for a size 56. Pick the bike up next week and can't wait to get out and ride it.