cannondale trail 1

pe1ter
pe1ter Posts: 169
edited March 2018 in MTB beginners
anyone ride one in a large size at 5”11 i recently bought one from online bike shop (mistake) having ridden road bikes for the past 7 years i thought id try mtb again after a long break i bought a large frame cannondale trail 1 it just seems to be huge wether or not its because the tubings jumbo size and the headtube is very steep anyway ive got to make do now as the box it came in has gone to the recycling centre i went to my local evans cycles today and sat on a medium trail and i had more standover
height but the seatpost was maxed out nearly to get the right pedal stroke

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    A large, 19 in frame would be recommended size for you.

I'm 6ft1 and ride same, on a couple of bikes I'm virtually on the seatpost limit, on a 19 in Gary Fisher front 1999,the seatpost is about 10mm over.

Apart from recommended size, personal preference comes into it. Some like a one size larger frame, others the opposite. I'm in the latter camp and falling the L/XL but go for the smaller size.

An mtb will feel different to road, I do believe you have chosen correctly, just need to ride it to get used to it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What has standover got to do with whether you fit a frame? It doesn’t change the relationship of pedals to grips to sadddle and the fact the seatpost was maxed out should tell you a lot!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.