thursday in the absence of any sane alternative

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Just back from trip out with grandson. £7.70 for 12 mile round trip on the bus no wonder no one uses public transport.

Where the heck do you live?!

I can go to Dumfries for £8 (75 miles).
    What trees are best to shout at? Which one's respond better?

Me did last few bits of painting/touch up me. Then mad espresso sauna followed by cake and coffee (well, Almond and pear tarte) as we were running out of time because I decided to have a tidy at PPP. I actually found some stuff and tools I had mislaid. Funny that.

Need to source a circular saw. That should be fun.

Laters.
    North Yorkshire.
    That what I say but really it's Cleveland (originally).
    Seems shoulder problems are a North Eastern thing...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Just back from trip out with grandson. £7.70 for 12 mile round trip on the bus no wonder no one uses public transport.

Me did last few bits of painting/touch up me. Then mad espresso sauna followed by cake and coffee (well, Almond and pear tarte) as we were running out of time because I decided to have a tidy at PPP. I actually found some stuff and tools I had mislaid. Funny that.

Laters.
    North Yorkshire.

Anywhere near Brompton?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shropshire public transport pricing is similar to North Yorkshire :(
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Laters.

North Yorkshire.

Anywhere near Brompton?
    No,that’s about 35 miles away. I’m on the bottom edge of the North York Moors.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Laters.

North Yorkshire.

Anywhere near Brompton?
    That would be an expensive journey :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    TLW1 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Laters.

North Yorkshire.

Anywhere near Brompton?
    That would be an expensive journey :)
    True, the number of sheep that you would hit driving over the moors will really dent your car's bodywork.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:

Sitka spruce mostly, I shout and shout then when I come back they have cut themselves into different products and stacked themselves at roadside, very obedient.

Not to mention when I have new ones put in the ground, I shout and shout then when I come back the next year they have sometimes grown 1m! Crazy world
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Sitka spruce mostly, I shout and shout then when I come back they have cut themselves into different products and stacked themselves at roadside, very obedient.

Not to mention when I have new ones put in the ground, I shout and shout then when I come back the next year they have sometimes grown 1m! Crazy world

So by that logic, I could really annoy the neighbours by shouting at their Cypress Leylandii?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

So by that logic, I could really annoy the neighbours by shouting at their Cypress Leylandii?

Definitely, although I'm not sure that bloody stuff needs it...

When I was a tree surgeon before I went to uni about 70% of all the work we ever did was with leylandii