Kinesis gf ti v2 tyre clearance

chaymck
chaymck Posts: 157
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi.

Looking to fit conti gp4000s 28mm on the above.

Mavic ksyrium sls rims.

Anyone tried? Before I waste my cash.

Kinesis say may fit.....

Comments

• williamac
    williamac Posts: 71
    Hi

Mine will take GP4000 28's on a Zonda wheel (currently have 25s with Mudguards), but not sure how big they will come up on your Mavic wheel. Also may depend upon what brakes you have as well (I have a Velo Orange Grand Cru deep drop ones).

There will easily be space for the rear wheel (currently I have the best part of 1cm space to each side and above to brakes - easily fit a finger each side and above with 25's) to be shod with 28's. Front may depend a little more on fork and how wide tyres come up on the Mavic wheel as only have about 4-5mm each side with a 25 (although plenty of space above).

I would say go for it as cant see how you couldn't have a 28 on the rear and worst case you then have 25 on front with a spare tyre for rear if you buy a pair of 28's

William
  • chaymck
    Thanks. I've ordered a set.

It is clearance at the stays which look tight everywhere else looks like plenty of room.

Trp calipers.
  • williamac
    williamac Posts: 71
    Hi - just checked and there is slightly more clearance at the stays than with the front fork (poss an extra 1mm each side), so will probably be down to how wide the tyres come up on your wheels as to whether or not they work)

Regards

William
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    28s will fit will plenty of room to spare. I have 32mm tyres on my gfti V2 ATM.
  • chaymck
    So. 28mm will fit on the rear. But I only had one larger inner tube so couldn't try the front.

My combo doesn't add much width but added some height.(the 25mm did measure up quite large).

Cheers for the help