Deda stem.

davey.davey
davey.davey Posts: 89
edited March 2018 in Workshop
Hi,

im wanting to get the deda elementi superleggro matte black stem, only thing is is want the stealth look so will be wanting to remove all the white logos etc.

Does anyone know if this will be possible , and if so whats the best way to remove them?? Cheers

Comments

• vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Don't know if that is possible, but I have a 110mm superleggero stem for selling. PM me if interested.
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Don't know if that is possible, but I have a 110mm superleggero stem for selling. PM me if interested.

No, thanks
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You could try careful rubbing with nail varnish remover, but I don't know how good a job it would do or whether it will also strip the black paint.

Simplest way would be to go over it with permanent marker. Sounds tacky but it can look very effective if done carefully.

Or respray the whole thing?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,557
    if the stem is anodized alloy and the unwanted logo/whatever is pain/lacquer, try solvents like acetone

do a test on a 'hidden' area of the stem first to check the finish you want is not affected
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    If you want a proper job, strip all the paint off and respray. Even if you can remove the logo with acetone/whatever without damaging the underlying paint there will nearly always be a ghost of the logo remaining.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • Just order the black on black one!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Buy a different stem.