Osymetric question front mech

ZeeW
ZeeW Posts: 10
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I would like to try out the Osymetric chainrings and I've been doing a bit of research and it appears one of the things that is key to the front mech working well with these chainrings is to have 'shims / spacers' on the front mech and to have chain catcher. All the info I have found relates to having a braze on front mech.

I have an Ultegra Di2 band on front mech. Is there a spacer / shim / chain catcher solution out there that is suitable band front mechs?

Thanks.

Comments

• Olas
    Olas Posts: 54
    I run Rotor Q Rings 52/36 / Rotor 3D cranks on my Giant with Ultegra Di2 without any problems. Had to move the mech up a little to account for the rings but that was all. No chain catcher.
  • ZeeW
    ZeeW Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply!
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Olas wrote:
    I run Rotor Q Rings 52/36 / Rotor 3D cranks on my Giant with Ultegra Di2 without any problems. Had to move the mech up a little to account for the rings but that was all. No chain catcher.

Ditto but with 9070. Personally I always run a chain catcher but I've yet to have a dropped chain on the q-rings. You just take the oval into account when positioning the height of the mech and job done.