Wiggle fair treatment?

madbutch75
madbutch75 Posts: 22
edited April 2018 in MTB buying advice
I recently ordered a new mtb from wiggle. Within two days of the order, before despatching thw ordet they reduced bike price by aprx £100. I asked if I would get some sort of discount and the answer was firmly no. Probably fair enough but if I'd brought a bike from my usual local guys I know I would have a different response. Guess this is justice for attempting cheaper option although to be fair I spent a long time picking bike and could only get it at wiggle.

Having been a wiggle customer for a long time buying bits and bobs I have always found them fair so was a bit shocked they didn't even attempt a 20-30 quid voucher. Maybe I am expecting too much, any thoughts?

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    pricing on wiggle is variable like order big retailers so the price you pay at the time of purchase is the price. If they reduce it later tough luck. if you don't like that buy elsewhere. Variable pricing is here to stay. I don't like it much and won't offer it but I don't sell bikes so i have no need to compete in this way.

The problem with the net customers want it at the cheapest price (understandable) but fail to realise that to do that someone has to pay more. This was you this time. Next time it could be someone else.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If it hasn't been sent, cancel the order and buy it again.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeah back to my local when I replace my knackered cx later in the year. Pay bit extra but get that face to face service. I would probably have used them but for the fact they didn't have and aggressive hardtail anywhere near what I could afford. It was sent out for delivery the day the prices changed do can't cancel and reorder. Thanks for responses.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Yes, you expect too much.

You bought it at the price it was being sold for, why do expect money back when the item is reduced later? Should wiggle contact all purchasers and refund them, and how far back should they go back?

As suggested, cancel and repurchase if still available.

This is no different to a high street store. E. G M&S. Buy and item is later reduced. Try to return it and you are refunded the reduced price not original price.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    02GF74 wrote:
    This is no different to a high street store. E. G M&S. Buy and item is later reduced. Try to return it and you are refunded the reduced price not original price.

not if you have the receipt - you will be refunded the amount you paid.