Rapha Manchester to London

Thigh_burn
Thigh_burn Posts: 489
I found some posts from 2016, but not last year - or much detail on what the ride was actually like.

Have you done it? What was it like? What training did you do beforehand? I've not done more than a 100mi and feel like I could relatively easily build up the miles - assuming I can find the time. But was wondering what the pace is like, the other riders etc.

Comments

• Did the inaugural ride; only hills are at the beginning as you leave the Peak District. Feed stations are awesome, you can easily waste too much time there. You go at your own pace, although it helps if you can get in a small group. I did three or four long rides as prep, longest was 180 miles, until the Rapha ride the longest I had ever ridden.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    Cheshire Cat, thanks for the reply. Was it a friendly group? Did you enter by yourself or as part of a group?
  • I entered on my own; there were some so far up their own arse they couldn’t see daylight, for the most though, they were ok. You need to start early to get into a group, I started late and ended up playing catch-up. Recommend it as an event, I would do it again if it wasn’t for the fact you are expected to raise sponsorship money, which is noble, but you can only be expected to ask folk once for money, and not keep going back each year.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson