Calibre at it again...

slc123
slc123 Posts: 407
edited March 2018 in MTB buying advice
This looks phenomenal value for the spec... http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/artic ... evo-51920/

Only down point is they didn't manage to squeeze a dropper on it, which seems a bit odd.

Be interested to see how they ride, if anything like the original bossnut it's sure to be a pretty good bike!
Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    with the saving using the go outdoors discount card you could easily buy a brand x dropper post and fit that, hundred quid or whatever they are going for.
  • slc123
    swod1 wrote:
    with the saving using the go outdoors discount card you could easily buy a brand x dropper post and fit that, hundred quid or whatever they are going for.

Yes - Not a massive issue, but you would think they might put one on? A lot of people will go down that route anyway.
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    The Calibre BBB is out in a few months too. Better fork, shock, brakes, rims, and a dropper for £1400!
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • slc123
    jamski wrote:
    The Calibre BBB is out in a few months too. Better fork, shock, brakes, rims, and a dropper for £1400!
    Interesting, hadn't seen that. Any links to the spec available?
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    JAMIS Dakar A2 is another great value £1k bike :shock:
  • jamski
    slc123 wrote:
    jamski wrote:

No, there's a video from the bike show with them talking about the new Bossnut and the BBB. If I can find it I'll post a link. The only thing they don't cover is the actual groupset, they just say 11 speed.
  • jamski
    JGTR wrote:
    JAMIS Dakar A2 is another great value £1k bike :shock:

It is indeed. Our company only does cycle to work though Evans, so it's a good option.
  • jamski
    It's the second half of this video. Can only find it on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ridecalibre/vi ... 857657488/
  • swod1
    jamski wrote:
    slc123 wrote:
    jamski wrote:

No, there's a video from the bike show with them talking about the new Bossnut and the BBB. If I can find it I'll post a link. The only thing they don't cover is the actual groupset, they just say 11 speed.

its probably sram nx 11 speed if they can get a good bulk buy trade deal on some.

I might look at once to add alongside my nukeproof mega 26er.
  • jamski
    swod1 wrote:
    jamski wrote:
    slc123 wrote:
    jamski wrote:

its probably sram nx 11 speed if they can get a good bulk buy trade deal on some.

Probably, but would be nice it it was a GX at least, so there's a little step up from the Bossnut.
  • swod1
    jamski wrote:
    Probably, but would be nice it it was a GX at least, so there's a little step up from the Bossnut.

Yes and i wonder if the other bike has a rear through axle 142x12 maybe?
  • jamski
    swod1 wrote:
    jamski wrote:

Yes and i wonder if the other bike has a rear through axle 142x12 maybe?

The GGG is a bolt through, think they mention that in the video.
  • slc123
    jamski wrote:
    swod1 wrote:
    jamski wrote:
    slc123 wrote:
    jamski wrote:

Thanks for the video, from the very brief coverage of the derailleur, it looks like it could be the GX, hard to tell. I think the BBB looks like a pretty good bike. Be interesting to see what it retails at and what deals are available. The BBB is definitely 142x12 bolt through.