Jamis renegade elite di2 install help needed

wing-it
wing-it Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in Workshop
Hi its my first time stripping a bike and I have a 2016 Jamis renegade elite with mechanical ultegra groupset. I am in the middle of the process of converting to di2 6870 and have just stripped most the frame of old parts...
As i understand it a lot of the access and routing to instal di2 is is through the bottom bracket.
The carbon models of elite are sold mentioning ‘ACE internal cable routing compatible for both Di2 wires or traditional cables’ I have found a trapdoor under the frame (see photos and as far as i can tell the rear brake and the front derailleur is routed underneath the bb
However there's seems to be little access for installing di2 boxes or access to seat tube to instal wires to a seat tube mounted battery.
I have started to remove the Enduro EVO PressFit 30 with Wheels MFG EVO adaptors (See photo, i have only removed the adaptors so far)
The EVO386 carbon BB shell is currently blocking the view to see if di2 access exists

Before i make a potentially expensive mistake and remove the whole thing (apparently i need an entire new one plus tools if i remove it)
I wanted to research if access for di2 can be attained when the bb is removed ie holes for access or is it just a smooth carbon within the frame tube for a bb and no access
Has anyone done this before on a carbon renegade and what the hell is the ace cable system anyway?
https://www.flickr.com/gp/160183124@N07/7bitHb
https://flic.kr/p/22n6fK3
https://flic.kr/p/243mk2b

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    The BB386 has a sleeve connecting both halves of the BB. Once you remove one side, the sleeve will come out with the other giving you access to the inside of the BB shell. Remove the seat post to fit the battery and drop the battery wire down the seat tube to the BB shell where you can install junction B and connect the front and rear derailleurs.

Depending on what junction A you've got, simple connection is RS910 to R shifter. R shifter to L shifter. L shifter to junction B. Junction B to battery and F and R derailleurs.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • wing-it
    Hi philithy3 thanks i was wondering what that double sleeve was as i haven't seen another bb quite like it . do you have a jamis? ive added the photos now.
  • StillGoing
    wing-it wrote:
    Hi philithy3 thanks i was wondering what that double sleeve was as i haven't seen another bb quite like it . do you have a jamis? ive added the photos now.

No Merida Reacto, who probably made your Jamis frame. Same configuration with the rear brake under the chain stays/BB and BB386 EVO. Mine had a small metal sleeve that could only be removed after taking the BB out. Once it was out though, it was plain sailing.
  • wing-it
    awesome, can you reuse the bb if its in good shape.
  • StillGoing
    Provided you haven't damaged the BB when removing it yes. I did.