Froome bike position

3dbikerITA
3dbikerITA Posts: 13
edited March 2018 in Pro race
What do you think of Froome's position? alla tirreno adriatico said to have lifted the saddle but to me it seems always low and advanced? how do you ride that way? is a thing sought to optimize the cadence? what do you think?

Comments

• larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Makes reaching for the inhaler easier? ;-)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • larkim wrote:
    Makes reaching for the inhaler easier? ;-)

ah ah this I had not thought. Joking aside, seriously speaking, I would like the subject to be tackled from a purely technical point of view. Do you think Froome is pedaling low and advanced? does not have knees problems?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    its a good position from which to stare at his bike computer which this year looks like it might actually be a TV
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    hips over the BB ( or as close as he can get) means a more efficient pedalling style for his ultra high cadence climbing. a lot of time triallists do something akin to this.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    its a good position from which to stare at his bike computer which this year looks like it might actually be a TV

Have you ever thought about changing your record as it seems to be permanently stuck. :roll:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Vino'sGhost
    philthy3 wrote:

Have you ever thought about changing your record as it seems to be permanently stuck. :roll:

have you ever thought of anything original to say? I mentioned his garmin or whatever it is and commented it was massive. get over your sanctimoanious self (spelling intentional)
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803

Is English your first language? Honest question.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    philthy3 wrote:

have you ever thought of anything original to say? I mentioned his garmin or whatever it is and commented it was massive. get over your sanctimoanious self (spelling intentional)

Absolute rubbish. Your comment was an intentional suggestion that he is about to be banned and will be watching a TV rather than his Garmin. Get over yourself with your anti-Sky bias and repetitive posts.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Easy, tiger. I disagree with the spectral one on his Sky/Froome views, but it's a jump to infer that. I thought it was just a reference to the size of the computer.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    3dbikerITA wrote:
    What do you think of Froome's position? alla tirreno adriatico said to have lifted the saddle but to me it seems always low and advanced? how do you ride that way? is a thing sought to optimize the cadence? what do you think?

Froome's body shape is a bit unconventional (long-ish upper arms), but his position on the bike is entirely unremarkable.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Easy, tiger. I disagree with the spectral one on his Sky/Froome views, but it's a jump to infer that. I thought it was just a reference to the size of the computer.

Not sure it's that big a jump, as that's exactly how I read it (that he was at home watching on TV).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

i'm with sausage man - i didn't think it was anything to do with being banned - just the size of the computer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,932
    I read it as being at home watching on TV because of a ban.
    I'm not aware of Garmin having launched a bike computer with a 42" screen just yet...
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Must admit it never crossed my mind that it meant anything more than his latest computer was big - it has to be I suppose if it's going to display power, cadence, kmh, distance and Dave Brailsfords instructions to speed up, slow down, eat, drink, attack etc.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Can we have a vote? :P
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    Must admit it never crossed my mind that it meant anything more than his latest computer was big - it has to be I suppose if it's going to display power, cadence, kmh, distance and Dave Brailsfords instructions to speed up, slow down, eat, drink, attack etc.
    or "don't take another puff on that inhaler"
  • Vino'sGhost
    it was just the size of the computer. Jeez.

It is fucking big though
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Pics please.

Some of us have been moving into their first actual house so haven’t had a chance to watch a thing.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Pics please.

Some of us have been moving into their first actual house so haven’t had a chance to watch a thing.
    Nice one Rick
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Pics please.

In London? You superstar highroller, you! :wink: 8)
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Not a chance.

#gaveupthebikefortrainwankeringandahouse