saturday when the two sevens clash, it dread

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy night, soggy morning roads shall be ridden, coffee to be quaffed

perhaps a cake, though i'm still trying to get another kilo off, it's slow progress, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a soggy start here, but mild with it, hopefully it will stay dry for the rest of the day, dog already walked, porridge and tea for breakfast.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Slow soggy start, about to walk the puppy and then it’s Dad taxi stuff and haircuts

Then chainsaw fun and bike prep for tomorrow’s TT

Later is rugby and some beer
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soggy

Will get some coffee down me then weights sesh. Want to go out on the bike but feel this ain’t gonna happen.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Up early today, has the snow gone
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman wrote:
    Late start at work. Overslept OOPS. Sack me.
    Enjoy it while you can Oxo.

Had a decent lie in compared to some on here. Now at hospital waiting for next physio session then a few jobs and into a planning session with the other neighbours who want to something about Mr. Dodgy landlords chav hotel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Late start at work. Overslept OOPS. Sack me.
    Enjoy it while you can Oxo.

Had a decent lie in compared to some on here. Now at hospital waiting for next physio session then a few jobs and into a planning session with the other neighbours who want to something about Mr. Dodgy landlords chav hotel.

Remember you might get some decent eye candy renting a room........
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Just surfaced after a sh*t nights sleep,nod off wake up in pain. Adjust to get comfy, nod off wake up in pain 20 minutes later. However it did improve by 7 o’clock.
    Today’s plan will be trying to avoid eating my body weight in biscuits and hoping I haven’t got side effects from the Codine.
  • sungod
    even more pot holes than last week, winter tubs seem to be resisting cuts though they seem a bit less grippy

it's got darker than when i went out first thing, suspect there is rain coming

resisted the cake

never realised stevo was an anti-capitalist :)
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    even more pot holes than last week
    Tried a different way home last night and ended up on a couple of roads with more pot holes than tarmac - added 25 mins to an already long commute :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Coffee is on. Off to the ‘rents to celebrate my old dear’s birthday later. Need to buy her a present first.
    Hope the pain subsides soon Webboo. Very impressed with ‘loon’s song title entry give the state of him. Hope the eye gets better this time.
    Unfortunately will miss the rugby and have to watch it later.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Tinkered with stuff in the shed. Went and collected new dishwasher and cooktop to be installed this week. Picked up an old roadie from a house down the street - he was chucking it out, belonged to his son who'd left home years ago. An old Puch, bit of a boat anchor but might be fun to fix up a bit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    even more pot holes than last week, winter tubs seem to be resisting cuts though they seem a bit less grippy

resisted the cake

The value of my house and not having stuff go missing out of it is arguably a capitalist concern. Tell you what, how about they come live next door to you instead? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    edited March 2018
    Coffee coffee’d, hound walked, TDV has returned to the world and am gossiping on WhatsApp with a good friend in Bagram. He appreciated the pictures of my dinner and glass of red I sent him the other day while he was getting shelled.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The value of my house and not having stuff go missing out of it is arguably a capitalist concern. Tell you what, how about they come live next door to you instead? :wink:
    too many money launderers round my way, a few chavs could add some diversity, probably end up dead on benches though
  • Matthewfalle
    Stupid frickin’ S5 seat Post. What a stupid design.

Actually, what a stupidly designed bike. It had better be worth this aggro.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

resisted the cake

That end of 'town' isn't that bad surely? It must be what... £200 quid a week for a bedsit in that overpriced and overrated mess and surely that's not chav territory that sort of money.

Guess what I... don't bother.

Soggy.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

resisted the cake

That end of 'town' isn't that bad surely? It must be what... £200 quid a week for a bedsit in that overpriced and overrated mess and surely that's not chav territory that sort of money.

Guess what I... don't bother.

Soggy.

Laters.
    Not a bad end of town at all - but this is how it starts to slide. The prices aren't quite that high but they're making it into a 6 bedsit property FFS, in clear breach of the terms in the title deeds and the Bromley HMO regs.

Also found out its a property company that have leased the house off the owner and are doing this so we're taking both of them to the cleaners. That's me and 4 other sets of near neighbours so it's not just me being me. One of 'Team Nimby' is headed down to the solicitors and then the council on Monday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Coke and hookers right on your doorstep?!
    Are you a gay square pants?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Coke and hookers right on your doorstep?!
    I suppose I could be persuaded.