Elite Direto users running Campgnolo

gmb
gmb Posts: 456
Hi,

I'm about to invest in an Elite Direto.

My bike has 10 speed Veloce and I believe that in order to use Campagnolo on the Direto I'll need an adaptor. I'm struggling to find the specific one and would be grateful for any advice or assistance.

Many thanks

GMB
Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    If you are on Facebook elite direto have a group, which obviously discusses the trainer, I have had a quick look at running campagnolo with the direto, a couple use shimano cassettes with no problems, or there is a campagnolo hub have a look at the link
    https://www.shopelite-it.com/parti-di-r ... o-passante
    The hub and price are at the bottom of the page
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Can't you just put a 10 speed Shimano cassette on the turbo? You'll not want to be taking your cassette off the bike every time you want to use it.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    I spoke to Sigma sport about this earlier this week, they can supply them but the importer (Madison) are out of stock until next week. 11 speed will work with a Shimano cassette apparently but I don't think 10 speed does, you will need the Campagnolo hub. Also if like me you have 10 and 11 speed Campagnolo then it's just easier to get the correct hub.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    edited March 2018
    DC Rainmaker's review confirms that you'll need an adapter.

I guess this is the thing you need.

I just bought a Drivo (sorry, I know I said Direto, I'm easily confused) ten days ago, but I'm Shimano so I can't help much with the setup.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    The cheaper/easier solution than changing the freehub on the direto might be to get a cassette with shimano splines, campag spacing:
    https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s150p21 ... lo-spacing

They are becoming quite hard to find now though, whether that's because most campag users have gone 11 speed (where shimano is basically intercompatible) or because Ambrosio have stopped making them I don't know.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    edited March 2018
    Actually here's one heads up...

I took the cassette off my Drivo last night, to check I'd put the spacers on right.

When I came to put it back together, the screw-in bolt that holds the hub on and the drop-out sits on had disappeared.

I looked everywhere - under furniture, in the bin where I'd dumped some kitchen towel and ripped nitrile gloves - it was nowhere.

Then I saw a gleam of silver inside the socket of my cassette removal tool (similar to this).

Sure enough, it was the end-bolt, which fitted exactly into the socket. A bit fiddly to get back out, but all good in the end.

Just something to watch for :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • gmb
    Thanks for the replies

I watched a you tube vid of someone carrying out the conversion, albeit on a different trainer - it doesn't look straightforward.

After I made my initial post I remembered that a few years ago I bought some wheels from Carbonzone and managed to get a shimano spline/campagnolo cassette - I think I'll just take that off and use that while I try and source another to use as a replacement on my wheel. They are indeed like hen's teeth!

I ordered the Direto today. Got a bit of a bargain £525. Looking forward to it arriving and getting involved with Zwift etc.

Thanks again,

GMB

• yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    Your Milanino in black looks stunning! I’ve got the training version in white as my winter bike. The Campagnolo hub for the Direto is £40 from Sigma sport. BTW where did you get your Direto from for £525?
  • gmb
    yellowv2 wrote:
    Your Milanino in black looks stunning! I’ve got the training version in white as my winter bike. The Campagnolo hub for the Direto is £40 from Sigma sport. BTW where did you get your Direto from for £525?

Thanks very much! I love A De Rosa but need a lottery win to get a really nice one.

I keep fluctuating between looking at the Campagnolo hub and looking at Ambrossio conversion cassettes. The reason for notboptingbforvthe hub is that it looks quite tricky to change. I suppose I could ask my local bike shop - feels a bit cheeky though having not bought the trainer from them?

I bought the trainer from Athlete shop. I ordered two (one for a work mate who has used the company before) and git a big extra discount. Hopefully he transaction wil go smoothly...

• moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    GMB wrote:
    yellowv2 wrote:
    I bought the trainer from Athlete shop. I ordered two (one for a work mate who has used the company before) and git a big extra discount. Hopefully he transaction wil go smoothly...

I was going to do this but not in stock until 3rd April and Sigma won't price match because of that. Had to bite the bullet and got a price match for £606 against Rose Bikes instead. Pick it up later today hopefully.
  • gmb
    GMB wrote:
    yellowv2 wrote:

I was going to do this but not in stock until 3rd April and Sigma won't price match because of that. Had to bite the bullet and got a price match for £606 against Rose Bikes instead. Pick it up later today hopefully.

I’m not that confident my Direto is ever going to show from Athleteshop.

I ordered last week and received the email that it would be dispatched on 16th but then had word yesterday there would be no stock until 3rd April...

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt but their price seems too good to be true.

I’m desperate to get on with it. I’ll have to try to be patient!

Will you post and let me know how you find the Direto?

Cheers

GMB

• moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    GMB wrote:
    GMB wrote:
    yellowv2 wrote:

I ordered last week and received the email that it would be dispatched on 16th but then had word yesterday there would be no stock until 3rd April...

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt but their price seems too good to be true.

Cheers

GMB

I love it. Quiet and now makes me actually happy to sit on a trainer for two hours zwifting. The auto resistance makes such a massive difference. Power seems accurate as well, within 5w of my Power2Max.
  • gmb
    GMB wrote:
    GMB wrote:
    yellowv2 wrote:

Cheers

GMB

I love it. Quiet and now makes me actually happy to sit on a trainer for two hours zwifting. The auto resistance makes such a massive difference. Power seems accurate as well, within 5w of my Power2Max.

That's great to hear. I've had an update from Athleteshop - delivery on 09/04/18. Cannot wait. Thinking if taking the day off work in order to get set up...