Sorry

mick_cornick
mick_cornick Posts: 175
edited March 2018 in Commuting chat
Sorry but I let down the cycling community yesterday. Having been cut up three times in a two mile trip to the hospital I let the third driver have both barrels when she nearly rammed me off the road and then told me I should be on the cycle path!
I never try to antagonise drivers because you might meet them again or worse still someone else might suffer their ire, so sorry.
Has anyone else notice a sort of low level aggression in a lot of drivers recently or is it just in the Surrey/Sussex boarders?

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Sorry but I let down the cycling community yesterday. Having been cut up three times in a two mile trip to the hospital I let the third driver have both barrels when she nearly rammed me off the road and then told me I should be on the cycle path!
    I never try to antagonise drivers because you might meet them again or worse still someone else might suffer their ire, so sorry.
    Has anyone else notice a sort of low level aggression in a lot of drivers recently or is it just in the Surrey/Sussex boarders?
    Since it's been light in the mornings/evenings I've noticed drivers being more inconsiderate/aggressive towards me, not sure why. It's the same every year for some reason, maybe when they can only see a couple of lights they are more cautious? In the summer people are just more chilled out?
  • That could be it, she definitely could see I was a cyclist not a moped and my lights are bright enough to confuse in the dark.
    As I said before though I try not to pick an argument because you never know whether the driver will hold a grudge against every cyclist.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    When someone nearly takes you out, it takes Tibetan monk-style Zen levels to keep your sh!t together.

I think you could be forgiven for uttering some expletives.

(Did you go all Cartman on the driver? :) )
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I did get a little too colourful in the language but luckily only two words and no words if you edit it for a family audience!