edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cloudy cloudy etc.

i feel the need, the need for pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining at the mo, how nice it was to get some fresh air in the lungs yesterday, I hopefully will be out on the bike later, new bed arriving sometime today between 8:00 and 18:00 hours, let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later.
    All that snow , slush etc has disappeared , but some new potholes have appeared
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Nice walk with eldest and puppy. Muddy though still snow drifts, which the eldest managed to loose his phone in last night jumping around - only took half an hour to find it, thankfully dark so I could see it light up even though it was covered in snow

Today is WFH as potentially going to see Liverpool on a corporate jolly with my old chap or Shrewsbury with a pal - so probably neither will come off
  • Spring is on it's way
    Time to get out there and show them who's boss
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    quite mild out

gym done, cafe next, define targets and hit them, that's the way to do it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Last day at work before cycling. My friend is panicking about going from 26 degrees at sea level to snow at the top, I've told him to bring a jacket but he's being a fanny about it. Don't think my new bibs will arrive in time though
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, quite mild today though a little damp few signs of life from the ground some Crocus springing up.
    Escaping early today off to pick up the OH then later walk the dog an show her in the shower again after.

Have to do some serious thinking later, cars becoming a money hole an the dealer still has my old car somehow so may end up doing something stupid again.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Off to get a cup of coffee shortly. Legs are feeling good after the enforced time off the bike last week. Must starting upping the weekly km with a few extended commutes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Working at home as the new kitchen is getting fitted today and tomorrow so lots of drilling, banging and stuff getting delivered/old crap getting chucked in the skip. Strifey is trying to issue orders for random jobs which is making concentrating quite tricky :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Been to gym, having a curry, will head out on bike in 30 mins. Rockin'.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,691
    Morning folks,
    Another busy start to the day exacerbated by the fact that I am having to make my own tea, only had two cups so far. Still feeling really run down which is no fun at all.
    Old man has another appointment with the oncologist today, sister is going with him as she is over. Going out for a drink with her this evening for a bit of a chat. Will be over on Wimbledon Common so have to look out for any pikey wombles in people carriers, or accountants whooshing on deep rims.
  • hopkinb
    I'll be whooshing for sure. I might even be whooshing past that neck of the woods as I have an extended commute in mind. Probably earlier than pub time though, and however whooshy my wheels are, I doubt your sister gives a monkeys. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Sister?

Ahem? Pictures?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Sister?

Ahem? Pictures?
    Older than me and greyer than me, built a bit like me as well. You don't want the pictures.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sister?

Ahem? Pictures?
    Older than me and greyer than me, built a bit like me as well. You don't want the pictures.

Is she a tv star too
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Is she a tv star too
    There's only room for one primadonna in the family :oops:
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Is she a tv star too

Aw man, I forgot about this. Has it happened yet? Are you a star?
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Is she a tv star too
    Not yet. Thankfully I will be in a pub when it's on, but it's not Wednesday. Not on proper telly yet, cable and satellite job for now.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Is she a tv star too
    Not yet. Thankfully I will be in a pub when it's on, but it's not Wednesday. Not on proper telly yet, cable and satellite job for now.
    You're the modern day equivalent of Jean Claude 'direct to video' Van Damme.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You're the modern day equivalent of Jean Claude 'direct to video' Van Damme.
    I'm not that good and I don't have any loafers. :lol:
  • tlw1
    Got offered tickets for shrewsbury for the kids and I, so said yes, then a couple of hours later got offered Liverpool ticket, complete with hospitality, meet the team and hotel - gutted, going to shrewsbury
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Got offered tickets for shrewsbury for the kids and I, so said yes, then a couple of hours later got offered Liverpool ticket, complete with hospitality, meet the team and hotel - gutted, going to shrewsbury
    I'd be quite happy with that :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    sungod wrote:
    gym done, cafe next, define targets and hit them, that's the way to do it

You are full of bollox SG. No legitimate occupation is that simple, so you must be up to no good.

Guess what i've bee... Nah, don't bother.

I used to deliver around Lincolnshire and all the way into the fens and what always struck me was despite the place being pan flat, roads are like discarded bits of string. It always took twice as long to get anywhere.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - forgot to say. Took the Madone apart today to put the group set, bars, stem, etc on the S5. It's now hanging off the wall waiting to be given to Bambina for her 12th birthday.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Oh - forgot to say. Took the Madone apart today to put the group set, bars, stem, etc on the S5. It's now hanging off the wall waiting to be given to Bambina for her 12th birthday.

Have you got a little frame for her? ...and some small cycling shorts? Sooo cute.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Have you got a little frame for her? ...and some small cycling shorts? Sooo cute.

It's a small 56 so she can ride it with the seat lowered right down for now, raising it as she gets older.

If she smashes it up it's only a Trek so no great loss.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    56 isn't that small. I looked on flea bay to see what's available in the 46 to 50cm range and there's bugger all.
    The alternative is a CF hardtail MTB frame to bolt the road bits on to.
  • pinno
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    56 isn't that small. I looked on flea bay to see what's available in the 46 to 50cm range and there's bugger all.

This thing is tiny - my S5 and my old Soloist were also 56 and fit lovely but this is tiny. It's a really short headtube so it feels tiny - especially for someone like me who is pretty flexible but all legs and shorter but oh so ripped and attractive to all sexes upper body.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Great initial thought then take a step back and add forks, bearings, groupo, wheels, etc and suddenly you are spending more than we did on Bambinos Raleigh that is hitting the nail on the head.

Only thing I want to do to it is change the road tyres for 24" cx tyres.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...someone like me who is pretty flexible but all legs and shorter but oh so ripped and attractive to all sexes upper body.
    :roll:

Unless she does unlikely silly miles, all those bits can be re used.

Anyway, do you think she'll actually use it much/want it?