Cervelo c5

CanyonBiker
CanyonBiker Posts: 14
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
This past weekend I rode a gran Fondo on a Cervélo C5 2018 disc. Anyone have any thoughts on the bike? It felt very light and responsive as well as comfortable. Much of the ride was in the rain and my only complaint was the breaking which felt mediocre at best.

I’m also leaning towards getting a canyon and wondered how the endurace wound stack up. Thanks!

Comments

• rando
    rando Posts: 285
    Was this the DI2 equipeed C5 ? I know other than a frameset that's the only one available in the UK but your Gran Fondo may have been non UK based and a different build. I only ask because it's the DI2 C5 that I am going to get fitted for next week and rather disappointed to hear you say the breaking was only mediocre in the rain. I thought this was were discs excelled in the rain ! I havn't actually ridden the C5 yet and may only be able to get a test ride on a C3 Ultegra build.
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    Discs can take a bit of time to bed in, so if the bike was new it's possible they weren't up to full capability. If they were bedded in, then that's a bit crap.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    As Thigh Burn says there's the issue of whether the pads were bedded in but also what type of pads they were. Not sure I'd be writing off that amount of bike for the sake of £20 worth of pads.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Sounds like either pad should or discs contaminated with something. I’ve ridden both sram and shim discs, wet weather braking definitely isn’t a problem on either type of discs. Currently ridding a c3 with r8070 on it and the bike generally is great, really enjoying it.