Ribble Aero 338 v Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

Platti
Platti Posts: 130
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Need a new summer ride and I've got the thumbs up from the boss (Mrs).

Prob looking to spend 3.5k but struggling to decide where to spend it. Looked at the Ribble 883 disc with Di2 but also really like the Canyon CF SLX 8.0 Di2.

I'll use another bike if theres a chance of bad weather so its a fair weather bike so disc brakes prob aren't important, just thought I might go future proof !?

Happy for other ideas in the price range - never ridden Di2, hearing its great so feel I need it in my life.

Thanks.

Comments

• Was looking at the exact same bikes. Took a trip to the Ribble outlet in Bamber Bridge and wasn't overly impressed with the finishes on the bikes I saw. Ordered a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2 in October and it arrived last week, which was 3 weeks earlier than expected. The bike finish is superb, everything is spotless. The Di2 is great and although I've only managed a couple of sub 25 mile runs the quality of the bike shines through. Cannot recommend highly enough.
  • Platti
    4 months delivery !!! Thats made me a little sad.

Appreciate the reply, 1 tick for the canyon. Guessing its just available in the blue & grey - love the red ?
  • I think the delivery times are shorter just now. It depends on what colour and size you want. Click on availability on the Canyon site and it’ll show you. Only black and blue in that configuration. I’ve got the blue and it’s gorgeous in the flesh, no pictures do it proud.
  • Platti
    2 - 0 Canyon.

Cheers, will have a look at that to get an idea, don't want it arriving in Autumn.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Canyon seem to take orders from October but don't receive the bikes until Jan / Feb, so ordering now they tend to be in stock.
    I ordered an Ultimate CF SL Disc 8.0 on Thursday and it's due to be shipped this week .
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    I haven't ridden either but am looking at a new bike in similar price range. Have you thought about the new Cervelo R3? Personally I'm looking at disc, as I prefer it, but there's caliper as well and they're doing Di2.
  • Platti
    I hadn't looked at the R3 but I will do now, open to new ideas, ta.