sungod Posts: 17,125
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

this morning, i shall ride, huzzah! and have much coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, aren’t you the lucky one Sungod, still packed snow and slush on the roads, it’s also raining so it will be cycling in the garage again, well at least I have roast beef to look forward to.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Like LD, still too much slush/snow - which is a real pain as we are going to meet her family and I normally cycle to keep me happier. Looks like I’m driving and then time on the rollers later

My parents are over later and we are going out for dinner
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Chester 10k shortly, paying for the privilege of running in the cold and rain :? but I don't think they have any snow.
    Snow is starting to melt, might get the car back home later or might leave it another day.

Nearly bought a turbo on Friday, then the optimist in me thought nah the weather will be better by Monday, which is looking unlikely.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bright and sunny here, though it won't stay that way, so I'm about to exercise the dog. Brixton with the family for lunch. One of these hipster fried chicken vans. Website and reviews suggest that it will be excellent. Then give the bike a wipe down and a drop of oil ready for the week ahead.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Nice day and only the last traces of snow left, although I did manage to slip in the one patch left on our driveway :roll: Been down the tip with a car load of junk from clearing out the kitchen before all the real ripping out of stuff starts on Tuesday.

Doing a bit more physio now and can even manage some press ups now - perseverance seems to be paying off! I'm hoping that when I meet the quack on Tuesday he'll give me a date when I can get back on the bike - any bike.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    a balmy 6 degrees early on, a coffee, a few hill repeats, a coffee, a few laps, a coffee

clear in the middle, only a smidge of ice/snow left in the park etc., but plenty of slippery black sludge towards the edge of the roads, presumably it's extremely salty, gave everything a good hose down
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Surely you can find a 'bike' in Bromley.

Not much happening here, it's a bit grey and dull. Need to entertain toots and see if I can slip out the back at some point to do something on my Jimmy Todd.

You watch out in all that spray on the by ways and high ways Oxo.

I seem to have a touch of man flu lergy, though you will be relieved to know the cough quite loose and i'm breathing ok.

'Salty'... 'hosing down'... you been riding in Soho SG?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Surely you can find a 'bike' in Bromley
    There is a shop called 'Bromley Bike' in town but you don't have to knock...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Mild hangover after last night’s shenanigans. Seems to be a balmy 9’C out there, we’ve even opened some windows.
    Off to see the ‘rents later. Might look in the garage to see if I can find a bicycle as well. I’m still coughing a lot and weak as a kitten but think I should probably try to get out and do something.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    'Salty'... 'hosing down'... you been riding in Soho SG?

suspect that's more of a cake stopper thing :D

west of regent street for me, where the women really are, though looks like time to scratch donovan bar off the list as they bloody ruined it, used to like the naughty corner, sigh, all the old favourites with a bit of character seem to be closing or getting 'improved', la brasserie gone, bibendum a hollow sham, now julie's is shut for refurbishment, change is overrated

went for a wander, almost feels warm after the last few days
  • hopkinb
    Sungod hangs round much fancier parts of London than me. Brixton is still Brixtonish, though probably much less so than 25 years ago when I first used to go there. Way fewer hipster eateries and way more yardies back then.
  • pinno
    'Yardie' ?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    jamaican gangsta
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    i remember brixton, must be 60s, mother of showbiz friends of my nan owned a theatrical digs there

remember yardies too, and the africa centre covent garden, it dread

nostalgia, sigh
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    i remember brixton, must be 60s, mother of showbiz friends of my nan owned a theatrical digs there

nostalgia, sigh
    You old skool London then sungod? Mrs H3 is always bemoaning how sterile is London these days, being born and bred.
    I had a great uncle who lived in streatham. He played saxophone in various bands, West End and local to him too. Always immaculately tailored, wore pink socks, was very flamboyant, never married, had a lot of cats. He was great fun to visit. His funeral was a bit of a shock for my grandmother, what with all the ageing queens eulogising.
  • sungod
    pretty much, lived in other countries now and then, but london is what feels like home, fond memories of pont street, american lady on the next floor gave me a kitten, aww

uncle sounds cool, made me think of monty in withnail!
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

nostalgia, sigh
    And I thought I was old :) I remember Brixton in the 80's when living in Camberwell as a student. We tried not to go to Brixton too often...
  • pinno
    Dinner was had: Salmon with a bouquetiere of vegetables and new potatoes followed by a confit of fruit (Apple, Pineapple and grapes) with custard.

Well done me.
  • pinno
    I only really know Chelmsford (cricket ground), Seven kings, Romford (where I lost me front toof at the Dolhpin centre), Dagenham (for the ten pin bowling and later for a visit to the Fraud factory during my Dip. eng), Wanstead, Clapham Common, Clapham and Clapham Northside, Hampton Hill and Kentish Town.
    Oh and the sticks to you lot - High Broom (Tunbridge wells).
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Dinner was had: Salmon with a bouquetiere of vegetables and new potatoes followed by a confit of fruit (Apple, Pineapple and grapes) with custard.

Well done me.
    Be quiet. I've been for a run and I'm bloody starving - dinner smells nice but it's not ready yet. You just can't get the staff these days...
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    I only really know Chelmsford (cricket ground), Seven kings, Romford (where I lost me front toof at the Dolhpin centre), Dagenham (for the ten pin bowling and later for a visit to the Fraud factory during my Dip. eng), Wanstead, Clapham Common, Clapham and Clapham Northside, Hampton Hill and Kentish Town.
    those are all definitely deep in the sticks :)

did you ever experience 'old kentucky' restaurant chain? the theme had all the political correctness the name implies, very b&w minstrels

i remember the one in kings road, waffles and maple syrup, nom, must've been the 60s

edit - and to the roster of ruined places, i forgot to mention the trashing of simpsons in the strand, unforgivable, civilization is crumbling
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I’ve been to London once. I thought it was a bit like Pontypridd but with the glamour.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    those are all definitely deep in the sticks :)

did you ever experience 'old kentucky' restaurant chain? the theme had all the political correctness the name implies, very b&w minstrels

i remember the one in kings road, waffles and maple syrup, nom, must've been the 60s

edit - and to the roster of ruined places, i forgot to mention the trashing of simpsons in the strand, unforgivable, civilization is crumbling

Do you remember the greasy spoon near Westminster bridge, just a stone's throw fro Big Ben?
  • sungod
    i remember eating something very suspicious at a wheelie food stand around there in the early hours after a gig, the onions always helped disguise the meat

you do remind me that it's been ages since i had a fried slice, they seem out of fashion, may need to experiment
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    i remember eating something very suspicious at a wheelie food stand around there in the early hours after a gig, the onions always helped disguise the meat

you do remind me that it's been ages since i had a fried slice, they seem out of fashion, may need to experiment

I had one the other week at the Galaxy cafe just by the coop. Run by friendly Eastern European types rather than authentic misanthropic Brits. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, black pudding, mushrooms and a fried slice. £5.70 with a cup of tea.

They just lob a chunk of mother's pride in the deep fryer, then cut into 2 triangles as far as I can tell.

As an aside, a big bloke came in to fix their toaster while I was eating. He stuck a screwdriver in one of the slots, gave himself a massive shock and fused the entire place. I swear that his moustache started to smoke. :D