Mike at Bike Dynamics or Cadence Sport Adrian Timmis

ollaay
ollaay Posts: 166
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Debating between these highly rated bike fitters

Mike at Bike Dynamics offering bike and cleat fit for £145, and also an extra bike would be my training bike for 70 extra aswell.

Or Cadence Sport Adrian Timmis, offering a fit for £110 plus extra £40 for other bike. An possibly even custom footbeds at £70 extra if its worth it?

Cant decide between the two, any help?

Obviously both a good choice so I guess it doesn't overly matter :lol:

Comments

• ollaay
    oxoman wrote:
    Can only comment on Ade Timmis, great bloke. Bikefit was bang on as was the custom inserts. Still using them after 3 yrs.
    Many thanks for the reply, did you get the £70 footbeds?
  • The footbeds were included when I had my fit done six years ago. I got some new shoes last summer that the footbeds don't fit, and I notice the difference :( At some point I really must go back for more.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I had a fit with Mike at Bike Dynamics and found him excellent. Went as far as taking the cranks out of my bike and fitting some with shorter crank arms to show how they would benefit me. Did a full cleat check and suppleness analysis identifying weak issues in my flexibility.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    oxoman wrote:
    The foot beds were included in a bike fit and still in use today.

Apologies for the slightly off topic post but how long have you found these last? I had a fitting with Adrian back in maybe 2012 and am still using the footbeds. It's not possible I guess to notice gradual deterioration in them and they still seem fine, I just wonder if in reality they're worn out and it would be obvious if compared to a new set.
  • LWLondon
    LWLondon Posts: 55
    Please can we not put prices, so that us London based don't get sad at seeing how cheap you get to use brilliant bike fitters :(

(obviously joking...just jealous!)
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Mine have done a shed-load of miles over the past ~3 years. I guess they might be worn but they're still comfortable and still keeping me injury free (something no other footbed managed) so I'm keeping them in.
  • londoncommuter
    LWLondon wrote:
    Please can we not put prices, so that us London based don't get sad at seeing how cheap you get to use brilliant bike fitters :(

Lazy git! Train to Tamworth and short ride from there....
  • LWLondon
    LWLondon Posts: 55
    LWLondon wrote:

That's actually very interesting! Now to weigh up cost of the train versus additional cost of London fitter!
  • londoncommuter
    LWLondon wrote:
    LWLondon wrote:

That's actually very interesting! Now to weigh up cost of the train versus additional cost of London fitter!

It was year's ago I went but I think it cost around £10 for a bargain mid-week day return from London. The only thing I'd mention though is there is value in having a local fitter I guess as with Adrian you won't be able to "pop back". You'd also only be able to get one bike there as well if you would ideally like a fleet setting up.

Balance that against the second mortgage you'd need to see London fitters though.
  • ollaay
    philthy3 wrote:
    I had a fit with Mike at Bike Dynamics and found him excellent. Went as far as taking the cranks out of my bike and fitting some with shorter crank arms to show how they would benefit me. Did a full cleat check and suppleness analysis identifying weak issues in my flexibility.
    Definitely sounds like I need to take a trip there then :D
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    I had a fit with Mike back in 2010 yet feels like yesterday. Nearing 8 years. At the time he was streets ahead of the others with Dart FIsh video technology which on which you are 'dotted' videod and assessed. The fit process for me was great as to be honest, it his own words I was more or less there. We concluded shorter crank could work and since then I have run 165mm to 170mm on all my bikes depending on stand over and moved away from 172.5.

I would imagine he is still very good at what he does and if you can get there, worth the time and £.

There is a good bike fitter called James based at Sigma sport, as featured on the Cade videos. Seems to know his lemons too.
  • ollaay
    I had a fit with Mike back in 2010 yet feels like yesterday. Nearing 8 years. At the time he was streets ahead of the others with Dart FIsh video technology which on which you are 'dotted' videod and assessed. The fit process for me was great as to be honest, it his own words I was more or less there. We concluded shorter crank could work and since then I have run 165mm to 170mm on all my bikes depending on stand over and moved away from 172.5.

I would imagine he is still very good at what he does and if you can get there, worth the time and £.

There is a good bike fitter called James based at Sigma sport, as featured on the Cade videos. Seems to know his lemons too.
    Thats very good to know, cheers for the feedback always good to have someone sticking to their fit for years is a good sign.
    And yeah have seen those videos and he seems like he also knows everything, and is one of the best out there but just the price at £250 and £300 inc footbeds is nearly double of what I could potentially get 2 bikes fitted for!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Fwiw I’m still using a pair of Ada’s footbeds from my first fit in 2010...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ollaay
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Damn impressive, they just primarily for one pair of shoes or they work just aswell switching between pairs i.e. If you get a new pair of shoes do they still fit?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211

Same here. My fit was done in 2011. I've since sold the bike I had the original fit done on, but with the data sheet that Mike gives you, I've been able to transfer the measurements to every bike I've built since. Like you, I now run 165mm and 170mm crank lengths on my bikes after Mike's input.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • londoncommuter
    philthy3 wrote:

Same here. My fit was done in 2011. I've since sold the bike I had the original fit done on, but with the data sheet that Mike gives you, I've been able to transfer the measurements to every bike I've built since. Like you, I now run 165mm and 170mm crank lengths on my bikes after Mike's input.

That was my only moan with Adrian that you got nothing. He set your bike up well but you're left to try and copy it as well as you can to a new bike or second bike. Years later with shoe, pedal, multiple bike swaps I must be miles off now. Maybe it's different now.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    ollaay wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Damn impressive, they just primarily for one pair of shoes or they work just aswell switching between pairs i.e. If you get a new pair of shoes do they still fit?

They’re in their 4th pair of shoes!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach