thursday mapping the cosmos onto an infinite pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

maybe gym, cafe, wfh, maybe hibernate

looking crisp and even out there, sigh, at this rate it's still going to be there saturday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Jesus it’s cold, wish we had the heating on a timer now

WFH today, so I will eat too much
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, still snowing, very cold in that wind, slippery under foot, I only managed a 30 minute walk this morning, not sure who was more pleased to get home ,me or the dog
    Be careful out there today
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Still waiting for this snowmageddon thing to happen here. It's a bit white outside but nothing serious. Wearing my gaiters into work though so it looks like the weather's awful at home.

I fancied getting the train in, but they've cancelled nearly all of them. Apparently it's due to the bad weather.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Jesus it's cold, wish we had heating.

WFH again today I think, I could easily get to work but I prefer working from home and it's forecast to snow most of the day. I'm currently sitting on the sofa trying to work with a giant sleepy labrador trying to give me a cuddle. Also need to tidy the house before the OH gets back...

Red warning down south now, hope it's not too bad for you guys.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    HaydenM wrote:
    Red warning down south now, hope it's not too bad for you guys.
    Ooo heck it wasn't like that when I left for work. I think we're just about in the yellow area, I'll be fine.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,691
    Jesus it's cold, glad we have heating.
    Still coughing quite a lot so wimped out and took the car in. Mild Thursday morning hangover is present, first time I've made it to the pub in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately we didn't get snowed in. Still not much snow here, another light covering. Unfortunately it appears I'm going to be on the tellybox next week, there will be plenty of cheap laughs at my expense to be had.
    Ooh, third cup of tea has just been delivered. Accompaniment today is chocolate chip cookies.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Unfortunately it appears I'm going to be on the tellybox next week, there will be plenty of cheap laughs at my expense to be had.

Details please!

"Battled" in to work through the snow. "Battling" in this case means walking 20 mins to the tube, sitting on the tube for 35 mins with assorted b@stards coughing and spluttering all over the carriage, walking 10 minutes up to the surface and then to the office. Approx 25-30 mins longer than it takes to ride - hence a "battle". :roll:

Still looks snowy and cold out there.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Heating "failed" yesterday, but I got it back on when I got home from work, so I am returned to Hero status. College and school closed so house is full of girls. Apparently Whats App, group chat and other high tech stuff is now required to organise a snowball fight.
    I"m walking to work later, so all good. I wonder if the guy who always gets his mum to give him a lift will make it? I may knock on his door when I walk past the end of his road.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Mornin'

Any of the Northern crowd doing Rapha hell of the north Manchester? Decided it could be my first sportive ;0

Still on holiday / puppy training duty. Went for a run yesterday, not again today. Never got warm.

PS Wheelspinner - see nobody is perfect, and the fact you ended up on here suggests you just keep bleeding grades
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    We are really reaping the benefits of the new boiler, log burner and underfloor insulation. Christ, it's nippy outside though. Having to stop and de-ice the dog's paws periodically. She shows her thanks by trying to bite me :roll:

Wifey's 16 year old Focus passed yet another MOT requiring no work at all. It truly is a remarkable thing. We may celebrate with a bottle of something in front of a glowing stove...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    'kin cold.

Cold out, cold at work. 13 degrees in some rooms here, I keep complaining but it does no good...

"Yes, but it's cold in the building because it's minus 5 outside" :roll:

It's minus 5 outside my house, ye twunt. It isn't 13 degrees inside my house because my heating WORKS. Therein lies the problem, blowing 12 degree air out of the heating ducts does not constitute heating! :evil:

Anyways, garden looks as neat as the neighbours today, so bonus there. :D

The older I get, the better I was.

• keef66
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Unfortunately it appears I'm going to be on the tellybox next week, there will be plenty of cheap laughs at my expense to be had.

Details please!

Yes, come on, spill the beans. I've never seen another forum member in the wild. What's it all about? Is it some investigative reporting into the murky underworld of counterfeit vehicle parts? Something cycling based? You standing in for Paxo on University Challenge?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Jesus it's cold, glad we have heating.
    Still coughing quite a lot so wimped out and took the car in. Mild Thursday morning hangover is present, first time I've made it to the pub in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately we didn't get snowed in. Still not much snow here, another light covering. Unfortunately it appears I'm going to be on the tellybox next week, there will be plenty of cheap laughs at my expense to be had.
    Ooh, third cup of tea has just been delivered. Accompaniment today is chocolate chip cookies.
    I didn't know crimewatch was back on telly?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Details please!
    No, I think that's more than enough information. I'm sure someone can find it with a bit of digging. :oops:
  • keef66
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Details please!
    No, I think that's more than enough information. I'm sure someone can find it with a bit of digging. :oops:

Come on, somebody with some local knowledge needs to give us some clues. I've about a billion digital TV channels to contend with. The chances of me a) randomly watching it and b) knowing who I'm looking for are nil.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    you've been framed? Blind Date?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Embarising bodies?
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:

Any of the Northern crowd doing Rapha hell of the north Manchester? Decided it could be my first sportive ;0
    Doing the real one.......... a couple of linked issues though, as I didn’t check the dates and I’m therefore missing the last day of the family holiday.

subsequently I don’t think I’m getting a new bike for it and will be doing it on my singlespeed
  • veronese68
    keef66 wrote:
    Come on, somebody with some local knowledge needs to give us some clues.
    It's not very exciting, might give more clues if nobody gets close. If anybody gets it I will confirm. There is a trailer for it out in the wild, I feature in that for less than a second.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    It's not very exciting, might give more clues if nobody gets close. If anybody gets it I will confirm. There is a trailer for it out in the wild, I feature in that for less than a second.
    Is it about dogging?
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Is it about dogging?
    More about dogs than dogging. :wink:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sodding cold this morning, elected to drive in as its been hoofing down most of the morning.

Been put on alert to go home, why not just go home!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Veronese68 wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Something to do with scouts?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Something to do with scouts?
    No, operation Yewtree have no need to concern themselves about me.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Oh Happy Day!

We're being sent home at 4pm and have been told not to come back until Monday :lol:

:mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Quick one gents: why can't I access image links any more from Google images by clicking on the 3 dots in the corner of the picture? Just lead some me to a link that doesn't work when pasted here in the img brackets.

Any ideas?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    No idea MF.
    Just called the quacks for results of my chest Xray. Have to go for another one in 6 weeks, the note said it was "out of range" whatever that means.
  • sungod
    Quick one gents: why can't I access image links any more from Google images by clicking on the 3 dots in the corner of the picture? Just lead some me to a link that doesn't work when pasted here in the img brackets.

Any ideas?

google had to block direct linking of some images due to a legal dispute (concerning copyright), this is why the old 'view image' button has gone

trying to link those images may instead go to the image owner's web page, which won't work for embedding in a bb post for instance, or it may link to a watermarked or prominently tagged version

simplest way to be sure is in google images, right click on the image, if you see an option to open the image in a new tab, click it, if the new tab has only the image you probably will be able to use that link in a bb posting
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:

Any ideas?

google had to block direct linking of some images due to a legal dispute (concerning copyright), this is why the old 'view image' button has gone

trying to link those images may instead go to the image owner's web page, which won't work for embedding in a bb post for instance, or it may link to a watermarked or prominently tagged version

simplest way to be sure is in google images, right click on the image, if you see an option to open the image in a new tab, click it, if the new tab has only the image you probably will be able to use that link in a bb posting

Ah - got ya. Cheers

Is there any way I can just snap the image so it seems on my iPad then put that image into a bike radar post?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    if you can find a screen capture tool it would be a way

i use a mac, but i hate ios, so can't help on that end