Body Armour - Morzine trip

heaten_skum
heaten_skum Posts: 7
edited April 2018 in MTB general
Afternoon all, thanks for having me!

I am off for my first trip to Morzine in July and was looking at buying some heftier knee and elbow pads and possibly some sort of body protection.

I was looking at the Troy Lee Designs protective shirts and vests but not sure if I'd use them in the UK for trail centers or if they'd be too hot for pedaling in?

Also looking towards trail skins 2 for both knees and elbows.

Im a confident rider but wont be doing any gravity stuff or gap jumps. Would I need the beefier pads and vest or would it be overkill?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Beefier pads won't go a miss,I use endura knee pads if I'm going to use some over here but would use my old 661 Klye Strait ones in the alps,by all means wear a vest if you are riding off the lifts bit of shoulder padding as well,you will end up riding faster in the alps than you do at home as your speed will build up during the week,falls are usually quicker and heavier
  • Jam29
    Jam29 Posts: 16
    The Troy Lee Designs UPL 7855 HW Long Sleeve is a great light weight option. You can also get it in a short sleeve version.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy ... -prod82726

Its comfortable to wear all day and not that bulky with a jersey over the top. You have to size up as its tricky to take off due to the light weight fabric. Popping your arms out first makes it easier.
  • Jam29 wrote:
    The Troy Lee Designs UPL 7855 HW Long Sleeve is a great light weight option. You can also get it in a short sleeve version.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy ... -prod82726

Its comfortable to wear all day and not that bulky with a jersey over the top. You have to size up as its tricky to take off due to the light weight fabric. Popping your arms out first makes it easier.

Thanks for the replies. I very nearly ordered the TLD one but was concerned with the reviews saying it chaffs. I was thinking of using a compression top under it but with that on plus the TLD and a jersey I was worried it would be far too warm.

I did see a fox plastic motocross type that seems a lot more ventilated