Elite Kura

sh-g
sh-g Posts: 30
Recently purchased the Elite Kura and I must say I'm pretty impressed with it BUT NOT the customer service from Elite.
Have a couple of problems I wonder if somebody can help me with.

1) Can't get onto the big chainring. I am getting quite a good resistance on the small one but it would be great if everything functioned as I would think it should.

2) The Kura looks like it is off true centre. It is nearer to the left side of the bike than centre. Tried loosening the skewer and making sure it is fitting snugly and evenly into the rear drop outs but to no avail.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    The Kura is a good trainer and Elite, despite being an Italian company, are usually quick with responses. I loved my Kura, but have since moved to a Direto.

It does sit slightly to one side as the motor takes up more room than the other half of the body. The skewer needs to be tight otherwise you'll come loose at some point.

Being unable to change into the big ring, I'm assuming you mean because the resistance is so high? Otherwise its an issue with your front mech and not the Kura. Being a fluid resistance trainer, you will spend most of your time in the inner ring, unless you have the power of someone who could make a living riding bikes. The calibration set up takes a couple of attempts to get right by the way.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.