Omloop het Nieuwsblad 2018 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    If van Aert takes it...
  • bobmcstuff
    Valgren is away, nobody chasing because of all the other Astanas...
  • bobmcstuff
    Michael Valgren Anderson wins - Wisniowski 2nd and Vanmarcke 3rd
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Nice one Valgren, played that perfectly.

Danish commentary going apeshit :-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Valgren - what a lovely timed attack and the presence of the two team mates just stopped the response. Wisniowski in second, Sepp third
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Brienne of Tarth wins
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lotto tactics could be used for the script to Dumb and Dumber 3.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    I enjoyed that. Better than the rugby :(
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Think the case could be made the win was more important for Astana (and BMC) riders than for the other teams. Riders do seem to win more when their team is in jeopardy. Did a good job of playing out their numerical advantage in the final selection.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    I LOVE THE BELGIAN RACES. proper hard
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Just caught up, decent from van Aert, he's done well to get the miles in since the end of the cross season to be able to last at this distance. Guts shown from Wisnioscki (sp?) for riding back on and managing to bag second - agree with blazing saddles though, what were red Lotto doing?
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Think the case could be made the win was more important for Astana (and BMC) riders than for the other teams. Riders do seem to win more when their team is in jeopardy. Did a good job of playing out their numerical advantage in the final selection.

Cannondale were an example of that last year, when the news broke they were in trouble the following day they were really visible working for (I think) Woods and seemed to actually have their shit together for a change. Tbh if they rode like that more they’d be less likely to end up in trouble in the first place.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,172
    jam1e wrote:

Cannondale were an example of that last year, when the news broke they were in trouble the following day they were really visible working for (I think) Woods and seemed to actually have their shoot together for a change. Tbh if they rode like that more they’d be less likely to end up in trouble in the first place.

Shop window?
  • Missed all this, but how the heck did everyones favourite end up 50TH place?
  • bobmcstuff
    Missed all this, but how the heck did everyones favourite end up 50TH place?

He made the selection, but I guess when It became clear he wasn't going to win he decided he couldn't be bothered.

The selection got caught by the remainder of the peloton at the line (who were sprinting for 4th at that point), I assume GVA decided it wasn't worth the effort as he had looked in good shape for most of the race. Astana just played a blinder to be fair to them.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    Good riding from Astana there. Made the numbers paid.

Vanmarcke showing his usual potential.
  • has it been mentioned it was a Danish 1 - 2 ? as Christina Siggaard got the womens race
  • bobmcstuff wrote:

He made the selection, but I guess when It became clear he wasn't going to win he decided he couldn't be bothered.

The selection got caught by the remainder of the peloton at the line (who were sprinting for 4th at that point), I assume GVA decided it wasn't worth the effort as he had looked in good shape for most of the race. Astana just played a blinder to be fair to them.

Cheers for that! Is it too late to change him for my ppt in KBK?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Cheers for that! Is it too late to change him for my ppt in KBK?

Yes.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    has it been mentioned it was a Danish 1 - 2 ? as Christina Siggaard got the womens race

It has in Denmark! :-D

Danish cycling twitter is buzzing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    dish_dash wrote:
    Been meaning to ask, what's the story with Sagan? Not riding this weekend despite the poster...

Baby Sagan.