sending a wheelset

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited February 2018 in Road general
Hi, anyone sent a wheelset within the UK and who did they use? All the couriers i've been checking only seem to deliver smaller packages, leaving just Parcel Force

Comments

• shiznit76 wrote:
    Hi, anyone sent a wheelset within the UK and who did they use? All the couriers i've been checking only seem to deliver smaller packages, leaving just Parcel Force

Paisley Freight, choose your dimensions, be honest about the weight. Cheap if you don't care about insurance, still reasonable if you do. They will then use one of the big companies anyway.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    i've used dhl to send wheels (uk to germany), just boxed them up and took into a local parcel shop, no issue
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • What kind of relationship do you have with your LBS?
    I recently sold a bike to a chap in the highlands and the shop gave me a box and then arranged for RM to collect from them with just a few clicks of a button. It was delivered within 2 days and cost me less than 20 quid.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    shiznit76 wrote:

Sent some last week for about £11 or so with Parcel Force, just dropped off at the post office on the way home from work, nice and easy.
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:

Sent some last week for about £11 or so with Parcel Force, just dropped off at the post office on the way home from work, nice and easy.

what was size and weight of your box?
  • sungod wrote:
    i've used dhl to send wheels (uk to germany), just boxed them up and took into a local parcel shop, no issue
    DHL quoting £25 for UK-UK delivery, seems steep
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:

what was size and weight of your box?

About 80x80x25cm, maybe smaller, weighed about 2kg maybe slightly more
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Put in box.

Take to post office. Decide whether you want regular, insured, signed for, etc.

Job jobbed.

Simples, innit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • The cheapest I found last year was MyHermes. Still a bargain £6.49 by the looks of it. It was touch and go with their maximum size but the SuperStar cardboard box I had just snuck in:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/parcel-size.html
  • You may have more joy on Parcel Radar.