side seat for kids

Vicky89_M
Vicky89_M Posts: 2
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a side seat for my 6 months little one. Can anyone tell me if you have got one, how it fells and where to get it? I'm refering to this type of product https://www.prams.net/buggypod-lite this is for buggies, I need one for my bike. Thankss

Comments

• figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I'd be amazed if such a thing exists. Putting something like that on your bike would firstly be a challenge in terms of fixing it without interfering with the pedals and would mean your bike no longer leaned over. This is not insurmountable (after all, motorcycles can have sidecars) but the next issue is making your bike wider, with the extra protrusion being possibly the most precious thing in your life (so probably not to be whacked into lamp-posts or passing traffic).

I'd imagine the only suitable option for taking such a young baby along with you will be a cycle trailer with lie-flat ability - there are varying opinions over the safety of these, although plenty of people use them so do some reading, try some out and make an informed choice.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    We took our son in a bike trailer from ~3 months - we just strapped his car seat in the trailer - suitably reclined - and away we went - the worst bit was the kick up of dirt from the towing bike's back wheel.
    Didn't go that far in it - and usually had one of us riding shotgun - to keep the cars further away and to keep an eye on the munchkin.
  • we had this type for my little bro 4 years back.
  • Dolores
    Dolores Posts: 8
    Vicky89_M wrote:
    Hello everyone, I'm looking for a side seat for my 6 months little one. Can anyone tell me if you have got one, how it fells and where to get it? I'm refering to this type of product https://www.prams.net/buggypod-lite this is for buggies, I need one for my bike. Thankss

I bought this with the hopes of attaching it to my double stroller. It literally took me 5 hours of messing with it to attach it correctly. In the process several of the mini screws that come with it snapped in half. Thus making it impossible to adjust. So I finally get the seat on and try it out for a walk. It was very hard to turn with only one back wheel. The concept is a great idea but it needs 2 wheels on it instead of one. I wound up returning this amd just bought a triple stroller instead.