Recommend me a Bike! 800-2000

jackbike09
jackbike09 Posts: 6
edited February 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hey, Im looking to get a new bike im currently riding a hardtail that i bought a few years ago second hand and seen as tho im really starting to enjoy my biking ive decided to fork out for a new mtb. im having trouble looking for the right bike and finding it a bit daunting.

What im looking for
Full suspension Trail bike that is a good all round bike good at climbing but also good on the descents im looking to ride red/black trails. im 5,8 and need a 18inch frame id like to stick with an alloy frame and get good components rather than a good frame and cheaper components. im willing to pay up to 2000 for the right bike if its really worth the price jump

ive been looking at the calibre bossnut v2 and would like to know what you guys think?.

anyway thanks for the help.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If you want to spend up to £2k then there are plenty of bikes available.
    Giant Trance is a cracking bike and if you shop around you should be able to get a 2017 model for your budget. e.g. THIS. You will even have change to swap the crappy tyres it is fitted with. (The Schwalbe Performance rubber is pants in the wet.)

Just because you are 5' 8" it doesn't follow that you need an 18" frame. You need the correct size frame and different manufacturers' frame geometries mean different sizes will fit you.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009