Backlog on Rapha returns?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,584
edited September 2018 in Road general
Afternoon all,
this is NOT a rant in anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had experienced similar was all in recent weeks.

I have already contacted them, but have yet to receive a reply.

I have returned 5 parcels to Rapha, two on 30.01, one on 31.01, two on 08.02.

I have checked the tracking, and they have been delivered respectively on two on 01.02, one on 02.02, and two on 12.02.

One of the last two I sent was refunded the day after it was recieved, but nothing else yet on all of the other ones.

I'm assuming they have a backlog, post sale, but also thought they would run through them in the order that they were recieved, and had also half hoped that retuning them in good time, the refunds might come throuh before the next CC bill was up, but it looks unlikely now, as my billing period is up until the 21st I think. Not an issue though.

Thanks

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    Hi Dan, I sent an order back that was recieved by them on 23/1/18 and 2 weeks later it still hadn't been refunded. I sent them an email and this sped the refund up. I think 2 weeks plus for a refund is a bit excessive but there you go.
  • daniel_b
    stevie63 wrote:
    Hi Dan, I sent an order back that was recieved by them on 23/1/18 and 2 weeks later it still hadn't been refunded. I sent them an email and this sped the refund up. I think 2 weeks plus for a refund is a bit excessive but there you go.

Thanks Stevie - must just be an anomaly with how they process them.

I don't have an issue with the time to be honest, it was just the fact that one got processed the day after they received it, and another is outstanding nearly 3 weeks later - I kind of expect that with the volume of items they must be dealing with in the sale, but the disparity concerned me a bit.
    Another weird one I have just noticed, is that one of the returns was for two items, one has been refunded, but not the other - both were in the same parcel with accompanying sheets.

Have a feeling this might now entail a bit of chasing, hoping they will not miss items in parcels.

Will wait until the end of the month anyway, and see what has transpired by then.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Regarding refunds just note that the delay might not be to do with Rapha, some merchants can take upto 10 days to refund back into your account once Rapha have done their bit.
  • daniel_b
    Regarding refunds just note that the delay might not be to do with Rapha, some merchants can take upto 10 days to refund back into your account once Rapha have done their bit.

Thanks SM - these are all direct CC payments on the same card, and the one that has shown up pretty much immediately is one of these. Also I have realised if I log into check each return, I can see whether they have actioned\refunded it or not.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • I had a similar issue, one refunded within a week, the other sent at exactly the same time took a couple weeks more. I put it down to massive overload of returns due to the big sale.
  • daniel_b
    Thanks CM, sounds like it is to be expected. Think I am more worried about the parcel now that has had one of the two items refunded, hoping someone has not gone through it and somehow not seen or processed the second item - have mailed them seperately about this one. Hoping I don't end up losing out on it.

I'll update as and then they reply, or when the refunds start appearing :-)

As long as they can get them processed and into my account before the 19th March, that's all I am concerned about now - that would give them some 6 weeks from the origina return dates from the two oldest deliveries.

I'll give them until March 2nd before chasing in earnest, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Cheers chaps,

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Last 2 or 3 times it's taken a few weeks. A bit of this is the freepost thing I guess.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I sent back a gilet I'd bought for my wife - wanted it exchanged for another size. It was over a week after they received it (according to the tracking info) that they recognised this and another 4 days before they sent out the replacement.

Problem seems to be with Rapha rather than any CC issue. Id expect most places to send a replacement pretty much as soon as the received back the original.
  • daniel_b
    Last 2 or 3 times it's taken a few weeks. A bit of this is the freepost thing I guess.

How do you mean BTR, as in the time it takes for items to come back, OR the qunity of returns they will recieve?
    My returns all got back to them in good time, so I am assuming you are alluding to the quantity angle?
    GrenW wrote:
    I sent back a gilet I'd bought for my wife - wanted it exchanged for another size. It was over a week after they received it (according to the tracking info) that they recognised this and another 4 days before they sent out the replacement.

Problem seems to be with Rapha rather than any CC issue. Id expect most places to send a replacement pretty much as soon as the received back the original.

I'm sure you are correct, but I bear them no ill will - having secured some, what I deem to be, amazing bargains in the recently finished sale, so I'm happy to wait patiently with regards to that, if the payoff is top quality kit - and I am addicted to Chartreuse :oops:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    Last 2 or 3 times it's taken a few weeks. A bit of this is the freepost thing I guess.

How do you mean BTR, as in the time it takes for items to come back, OR the qunity of returns they will recieve?
    My returns all got back to them in good time, so I am assuming you are alluding to the quantity angle?
    GrenW wrote:

I'm sure you are correct, but I bear them no ill will - having secured some, what I deem to be, amazing bargains in the recently finished sale, so I'm happy to wait patiently with regards to that, if the payoff is top quality kit - and I am addicted to Chartreuse :oops:

Hey Dan,

what I mean is that I've returned items on 2-3 occasions. On each occasion a refund has taken quite a lot of time and I've had to chase each time.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • I had the same issue back before Christmas. I’d returned some bib shorts purchased for my wife. I waited over 3 weeks hearing nothing. When I then contacted them I had to then send the tracking proof which was fair enough but they again suggested the item was not showing- yet it had been signed for by someone at the Warehouse was then only given a code to use for a future purchase. No apology for the delay. I love Rapha stuff so kept it and used it in the Christmas sale. I returned an item to the Soho store as I was in London rather than use the post. This is not a moan as I love the gear, but has put me off postal service. Another friend had to chase up his refund a while ago too. Generally their sizing is spot on which does help in getting the right fit.
  • Every return I have made to Raphahas been the same, ending up with me chasing and some millennial telling me it’s being processed.
    I think the gear is excellent, but the returns logistics don’t quite hit the spot...very frustrating but in truth....they don’t seem bothered.
  • daniel_b
    It's strange, because I have made several purchases from them previously, and had to make perhaps 6 returns, and all had been handled like the one from the pair I sent back on Feb 8th - ie processed in good time, e-mails sent out, and money appears on card in double quick time.

The only glitch I had seen up until now, was that one of the items I returned came up with some weird arbitary figure as a refund amount, I'm making this up, but something along the lines of £37 instead of the £95 it should have been - I saw it on the sheet I printed out, and maybe should have flagged it, but just assumed it would go through ok.
    But they were quick at getting back to me, confirmed there had been an issue on the system, and refunded me the correct additional amount.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    My returns were sent and received by Rapha. On two occasions after only two days I called them and both times and the guy processed the refund there and then all on the basis they had it recorded their end that the items were received. If I were you I would call them.
  • Thanks for the reminder. Sent back a couple of things at the beginning of the month and just noticed I still haven't been refunded. Will have to give them a call.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Post sales period is typically poor for Rapha due to the volume. I've always noticed a significant delay. However I've never had to stress because it has always been refunded without question, and any email ensuring it has been received answered promptly.

Could it be better, ofc. It could be a lot worse too.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • daniel_b
    One of my orders was LARGE, and this came in a BIG box. 90% of that order I ended up keeping, but I had a lot of little orders that has to be returned, and to try and be helpful, I popped most of them in the BIG box, so as to reduce the postage charge - I've checked this with them before, and they have agreed it's fine. I can see it has been delivered, nearly 3 weeks ago, so this is the one I am most worried about, as it's just my word that x number of orders are within it, but hopefully all will be ok.

The other one I had partially refunded (I returned two items and they had only refunded 1) they have already replied to say they have refunded for the jersey (I ordered a chartreuse one, but they sent a blue one - although the labelling claimed it was chartreuse...) so not sure if they located it, or have simply taken it as read.

Tried my chartreuse pro team base layer on today, finally got one as they have been out of stock for so long, and it's really nice.

EDIT: Meant to add in the response I had back yesterday too:
    Dear Dan,

Thank you for your email.

We aim to process all returns within 5 working days from the date that they arrive at our warehouse. At this busy time, we are unfortunately working outside of this timeframe.

Please note that we do not send any confirmations to acknowledge receipt of returns.

You will however receive an automated email confirmation once the return process has been completed.

If you're concerned about the whereabouts of your return package and have proof of postage or a tracking number, please be sure to retain this so that we can look to honour your return request, in the event of it being lost in transit.

Thank you for your patience, and if there's anything we else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

For further information on our returns policies, please follow this link.

Kind regards,

Robin

Customer Service Team
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Prhymeate wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder. Sent back a couple of things at the beginning of the month and just noticed I still haven't been refunded. Will have to give them a call.

Seemed to work, got the refund a few hours later :)
  • daniel_b
    Two order refunds processed today, things are looking up!

The beast box has still not been opened though :shock:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Just to update, I haven't phoned them or chased them again via e-mail and the BIG box was processed earlier.

I only have one return outstanding now - well done Rapha :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Obviously things haven't got any better at the Rapha returns dept. since this thread was started, they've now had my return for 2 weeks and not a peep from them. Guess I'll have to chase them up tomorrow, not what you expect from a premium brand!
  • bmxboy10
    Flasher wrote:
    Obviously things haven't got any better at the Rapha returns dept. since this thread was started, they've now had my return for 2 weeks and not a peep from them. Guess I'll have to chase them up tomorrow, not what you expect from a premium brand!
    Call them. Ifs it’s been received they will refund you there and then no quibbles.
  • Flasher wrote:

There's been a sale on for the past three weeks which means, as always, every tight ar$e is out for their bargain, so traffic and processing is heavy. Rather than going onto a forum for a moan, you could use their swift live chat feature where they'll happily fast track a return.

Note that this thread was also started during the winter sale when, guess what, traffic was also heavy from bargain hunters buying dozens of items.
  • bmxboy10
    Flasher wrote:

There's been a sale on for the past three weeks which means, as always, every tight ar$e is out for their bargain, so traffic and processing is heavy. Rather than going onto a forum for a moan, you could use their swift live chat feature where they'll happily fast track a return.

Note that this thread was also started during the winter sale when, guess what, traffic was also heavy from bargain hunters buying dozens of items.

Yep loads of people buying stuff they don’t need just because it’s cheap then realising they don’t need it so it gets returned then they complain it takes a long time to get a refund. Who would be an on line retailer!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    If you're an online retailer, you should have enough staff to deal with your customers, live chat hasn't been active since I first looked yesterday.

Other on-line retailers manage better, obviously I expect too much.
  • Flasher wrote:
    If you're an online retailer, you should have enough staff to deal with your customers, live chat hasn't been active since I first looked yesterday.

If you don’t like how they run things don’t shop with them. Simple as that.

I’ve got no issues with how they do their thing during sale periods, so I continue to shop with them.
  • wildpig
    wildpig Posts: 39
    Flasher wrote:

They'll be using the returns period as a form of business credit.

They have your money, and the item that they can re-sell and take the money from someone else. They've been paid twice for one item. Why would they return it quicker than they have to, unless you get in touch to chivvy them along?

[Arbitrary figures warning] For every 100 people buying stuff, 90 will just sit back and wait. That's 90 x £Y in their bank from returners and a further 90 x £Y from new buyers. Massive win for them.
  • Returned some bibs because I didn't like the feel for the price paid and yes it took 18days for the refund however they did say 10working days anyway so don't really see the problem. You will still get the money back. They are busy. Big deal.

This is just lile rhe dicks walking into a packed pub and complaining the food is late to the table.... Idiots... Of course its going to be late.