Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

saturday a desolate universe, there are no orangettes

sungodsungod Posts: 12,195
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

troubling knee twinge from last gym visit, not being going often enough resulting in weakness, sigh, typical as for the first time in weeks, maybe months, roads are dry

will try an easy ride, swapped back to lightweights with the newly glued used tubs on them, the nemeses are astonishingly heavy in comparison, much coffee shall be quaffed

squidgy cheese later, assuming it hasn't escaped
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,725
    Morning, freezing again here but a least it’s dry no rain yesterday, Tigger is waiting to go out for his walk, so today it will be walk, breakfast, cycle , lunch , public house
    Have a good weekend
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,444
    Vikings. Back to the Minster for the bits we missed yesterday. Mooching. Drive back to Cov.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,303
    Morning All. Tad chilly outside, parkrun and yummy mummy time soon. Maybe even gentle ride as well.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,057
    Last nights chilled night in the local turned into an impromptu party at our house, fun, but regret filling the now empty wine fridge with decent organic wines

    Today is no theatre club for the rats, so enjoyed a nice walk with the puppy and when I’ve finished my tea I’m playing football in the garden with the rugrats

    Later is visiting grandad in hospital, so our planned walk and dinner out is off, but I’m sure we will do something else

    Must get the singlespeed ready for tomorrow’s reliability ride
  • First TT of the year later. It's just after lunch though so wondering what to do in the meantime.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Must get the singlespeed ready for tomorrow’s reliability ride
    Saw that advertised but can't be bothered with the drive there. A 10 mile TT is enough of a reliability test for me anyway. Might do the Marches CC one in a couple of months time.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,304 Lives Here
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. At least I’m enjoying it in between coughing fits. My lungs seem to want to be somewhere other than where they belong. Think a lazy day will be had, might browse the Merlin website for bargains. No idea what made me think of them.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,507
    Bit of a lie in after a late night - needed a chill and a drink after a long drive.

    Today is visiting my old dear, getting supplies, sorting through more stuff and headed for the dump. Will try going for a run later as I need some exercise badly.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,057
    First TT of the year later. It's just after lunch though so wondering what to do in the meantime.
    tlw1 wrote:
    Must get the singlespeed ready for tomorrow’s reliability ride
    Saw that advertised but can't be bothered with the drive there. A 10 mile TT is enough of a reliability test for me anyway. Might do the Marches CC one in a couple of months time.

    Never done the marches, even though it goes past my house

    If you decide to drive, there are a few of us doing the ride tomorrow - so will be a giggle
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    reliabilty ride :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    hello.

    i've had a spiffing day so far: quick 45 mins in the sun on N1 bike, 30 mins on CAAD2, lawn mown, garage tidied, puncture repaired on cx bike.

    now about to wash the CAAD and then glue the Hounds leg back together. then weights sesh at 5:15.

    anyone fancy a Pastis in a bit?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,195
    i'm feeling the urge to do some online shopping at merlin

    tonight is wine, then port, still need to plan a raki binge with mrs s, we got absolutely wrecked on it in istanbul, happy days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    oh dear

    just been for a quick "lets check out the refurbished place" pint.

    bear in mind i live in the sticks

    generic rubbish dance music at 5:45 forced half the clientele to leave.

    same generic rubbish dance being pumped into white table cloth/posh wine glass section of pub forced clientele to leave.

    Don't think they will be open for long.

    BAD.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,661
    sungod wrote:
    i'm feeling the urge to do some online shopping at merlin

    tonight is wine, then port, still need to plan a raki binge with mrs s, we got absolutely wrecked on it in istanbul, happy days

    Dangerous but they have some nice deals on.

    Go the whole hog get some Köfte or Meze to go with the Raki

    Evening, lovely speedy pedal today on funky plastic wheels, all this talk of carbon rims being rubbish at braking are lies (or least for me anyway). Felt rather pro today whizzing along.
    Home and Demon Tweeks have seen fit to send me a catalogue which is all well and good but it's their motorcycle one and states I've not ordered any bike parts from them recently, mainly due to not owning a bike for about the last five years I'd imagine, fools.
    Anyway Dus Hund has taken a nibble so no doubt she will kill it later for me.

    Matt, these "trendy" bars are all utter pish they opened on in the main village near me I think it lasted about two weeks. Its now a rather fine ale house instead.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,057
    oh dear

    just been for a quick "lets check out the refurbished place" pint.

    bear in mind i live in the sticks

    generic rubbish dance music at 5:45 forced half the clientele to leave.

    same generic rubbish dance being pumped into white table cloth/posh wine glass section of pub forced clientele to leave.

    Don't think they will be open for long.

    BAD.
    Was the beer ok?
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,197
    I bought a pair of Vittoria's from Merlin. They actually charged me money for them!

    Been tinkering all day me. Weather was beautiful if a little nippy.

    Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    tlw1 wrote:
    oh dear

    just been for a quick "lets check out the refurbished place" pint.

    bear in mind i live in the sticks

    generic rubbish dance music at 5:45 forced half the clientele to leave.

    same generic rubbish dance being pumped into white table cloth/posh wine glass section of pub forced clientele to leave.

    Don't think they will be open for long.

    BAD.
    Was the beer ok?


    draft generic lagers, one mainstream draft bitter, one very nice smaller brewery IPA.

    clientele seemed to be a load of football casuals. Absoloutely no idea where they found them considering I live in the sticks.

    severe lack of pork scratchings though.

    WORRYING.

    BAD.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,444
    I bought some scratchings in Chesterfield market. 90p for a fcukton. Decent.

    Did you get shaken up by the earthquake Matthew?

    Having an overpriced German Pilsner from the gonzo beer shop down the road. Totally stuck on the crossword today, either I've gone thick, or it's a thinker.

    I had some lovely fish and chips in York. Dripping fried. £5.50. Didn't see Vikings, several miles of queue. Went to the excellent castle museum instead.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,197
    hopkinb wrote:
    Totally stuck on the crossword today, either I've gone thick, or it's a thinker.

    Some clues?
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,507

    anyone fancy a Pasties in a bit?
    Sounds like a good idea.

    First exercise in 4 weeks earlier on - felt good. Just had fish fingers, mushies and baked beans washed down with Merrydown :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    hopkinb wrote:
    I bought some scratchings in Chesterfield market. 90p for a fcukton. Decent.

    Did you get shaken up by the earthquake Matthew?

    Having an overpriced German Pilsner from the gonzo beer shop down the road. Totally stuck on the crossword today, either I've gone thick, or it's a thinker.

    I had some lovely fish and chips in York. Dripping fried. £5.50. Didn't see Vikings, several miles of queue. Went to the excellent castle museum instead.


    Earthquake was too scared to come near mighty Falle Towers. Either that or I simply absorbed the tremors in my fat Larry backside following not enough riding.

    Pictures of scratchings needed please.

    How is Pilsner? I’m just having a glass of wine before bed after watching a simply lovely Bruce Willis film. Never thought I’d type those two words in the same sentence.

    I’ve been to York on a mad night out with a bunch of medics and a girl from down south who thought she was posh but wasn’t and had huge norks. Everyone thought something was going on but it wasn’t as she did my nut in.

    Rain has just started to fall here, so looks like tomorrow’s ride may be changed for a tad of off roading. Yet again, did I really type that sentence?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    step83 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i'm feeling the urge to do some online shopping at merlin

    tonight is wine, then port, still need to plan a raki binge with mrs s, we got absolutely wrecked on it in istanbul, happy days

    Dangerous but they have some nice deals on.

    Go the whole hog get some Köfte or Meze to go with the Raki

    Evening, lovely speedy pedal today on funky plastic wheels, all this talk of carbon rims being rubbish at braking are lies (or least for me anyway). Felt rather pro today whizzing along.
    Home and Demon Tweeks have seen fit to send me a catalogue which is all well and good but it's their motorcycle one and states I've not ordered any bike parts from them recently, mainly due to not owning a bike for about the last five years I'd imagine, fools.
    Anyway Dus Hund has taken a nibble so no doubt she will kill it later for me.

    Matt, these "trendy" bars are all utter pish they opened on in the main village near me I think it lasted about two weeks. Its now a rather fine ale house instead.

    Agree re trendy bar thing. It’s a shame as it used to be a really lively live band place with lots of really nice people - got a bit mad on a Saturday night but everyone knew each other so it was really nice.

    TDV and I met there about 25 years ago before I got a lift down a mhoosif hill in a shopping trolley to a nightclub where we met up again and bickered.

    Oh well, change of times I and All that.

    SAD.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,057
    tlw1 wrote:
    oh dear

    just been for a quick "lets check out the refurbished place" pint.

    bear in mind i live in the sticks

    generic rubbish dance music at 5:45 forced half the clientele to leave.

    same generic rubbish dance being pumped into white table cloth/posh wine glass section of pub forced clientele to leave.

    Don't think they will be open for long.

    BAD.
    Was the beer ok?


    draft generic lagers, one mainstream draft bitter, one very nice smaller brewery IPA.

    clientele seemed to be a load of football casuals. Absoloutely no idea where they found them considering I live in the sticks.

    severe lack of pork scratchings though.

    WORRYING.

    BAD.
    Lack of pork scratchings is unforgivable
Sign In or Register to comment.