Cheap, wireless cycle computers

TheEveryman
TheEveryman Posts: 28
edited February 2018 in Road general
I didn't realise how cheap these could be, I only want to spend upto £30.00.

Wireless, I don't have room to mount on the handlebars so it would have to go on the stem.

I'd just like to know my speed and distance, basics really I don't need cadence or wattage etc...

Any suggestions ?

This one from Halfords ?

http://www.halfords.com/technology/wear ... e-computer

Comments

• That's the one I had until I got the Wahoo Bolt. Anyway, the Cateye is fine, works well, seems pretty accurate and gives all the basic info you need like mileage, speed, max speed etc. Obviously not a full on GPS computer so isn't applicable for cadence or HR, power etc but for basic info it's fine.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I don't like cateye computers - the one I had kept switching over every time I went over a bump.

The best one I have ever had is from decathlon it cost £17 - nine years later still going strong haven't even changed the battery !
  • Mobile recording in pocket or on a bike mount?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    what have you got on your handlebars!?
  • On the bars I have a LED light and a camera, outside of those is the tape which I sometimes grab onto for a fairly steep hill I go up every day.

I haven't looked into using my phone, is the (stravo?) app free ? I'd prefer a case and mount to keep my phone safe and dry.