new shimano grp set

mamba80
mamba80 Posts: 5,032
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Was going to get an Aeroad this year but i ve decided to keep my 595 and swap the 7900 grp set on to my usual bike and put either 9100 or 8000 on the 595..... do i splash out on 9100, save 400grams out or have another week in Mallorca ?

Comments

• Get the 9100, and have a week exploring the UK National Parks
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    9100 as 8000 is bland and go away anyway as life is too short to worry about a couple of hundred quid.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • 9100 as 8000 is bland and go away anyway as life is too short to worry about a couple of hundred quid.

True dat!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mamba80
    Get the 9100, and have a week exploring the UK National Parks

no fxxxxx off lol! i d rather shoot myself with an hiv infected bullet.
  • mamba80
    9100 as 8000 is bland and go away anyway as life is too short to worry about a couple of hundred quid.

i lik ya thinking :D

why is r8000 bland and 9100 not?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    mamba80 wrote:

i lik ya thinking :D

why is r8000 bland and 9100 not?

It isn't, he's just being his usual tool self. :roll:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • You'll have the DA for life, Majorca is instantly forgettable as a riding destination with a couple of reasonable CAT3 climbs. Maybe a cheap week in the Alps or Pyrenees to compromise.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    You'll have the DA for life, Majorca is instantly forgettable as a riding destination with a couple of reasonable CAT3 climbs. Maybe a cheap week in the Alps or Pyrenees to compromise.

I agree with the DA comment. But Mallorca as instantly forgettable as a riding destination.....on your own with that one, love Mallorca
  • mamba80
    thing is, i ll soon be planning another trip somewhere BUT i ll always be looking at r8000 thinking "i should have bought DA"
    even though i know it really is a waste of money... as is Mallorca or anywhere else for that matter if you want to be stingy... so i m going to take MFs advice, yolo as my daughter says and DA and extend my Mallorcan holiday :)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    get what you want and do what you want.

9100 is brilliant btw.