SPOILER ANDALUSIA 2018

2»

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Shipley wrote:
    Really enjoyed that race - also proves what a great advertisement cycling is for an area. We've booked a week in Cadiz in April as a result. It looks fab and I'm bringing a bike....yippee !!!

Nice one! enjoy the views on the climbs :)
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Nice one! enjoy the views on the climbs :)

That's why the good Lord gave us compact chainsets :D
  • Shipley wrote:
    Really enjoyed that race - also proves what a great advertisement cycling is for an area. We've booked a week in Cadiz in April as a result. It looks fab and I'm bringing a bike....yippee !!!

I was in Cadiz last March - problem is it's a peninsula, with only big main roads on and off. If you can drive out of Cadiz first that'll make it easier to find somewhere to ride. Didn't see anyone else on road bikes when I was there (unlike Granada).
    The town itself is great to visit.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Shipley wrote:

I was in Cadiz last March - problem is it's a peninsula, with only big main roads on and off. If you can drive out of Cadiz first that'll make it easier to find somewhere to ride. Didn't see anyone else on road bikes when I was there (unlike Granada).

I've been cycling from Ronda, which was very good (also a really great place to stay/visit). I went up the Puerto de las Palomas http://www.cyclefiesta.com/multimedia/c ... zahara.htm which was a really nice climb, and if you drove out of Cadiz would be quite easily accessible - although there are plenty of other climbs in the Grazalema and Alcornocales parks which look equally impressive and are closer.

We've been planning to go back to visit Seville and Granada for a while - my fiance's parents go to Malaga quite often, and the train links seem pretty good down there. Flights to Malaga can be had for hardly anything.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Shipley wrote:

I've been cycling from Ronda, which was very good (also a really great place to stay/visit). I went up the Puerto de las Palomas http://www.cyclefiesta.com/multimedia/c ... zahara.htm which was a really nice climb, and if you drove out of Cadiz would be quite easily accessible - although there are plenty of other climbs in the Grazalema and Alcornocales parks which look equally impressive and are closer.

We've been planning to go back to visit Seville and Granada for a while - my fiance's parents go to Malaga quite often, and the train links seem pretty good down there. Flights to Malaga can be had for hardly anything.

Loved Seville for the city & easy going bars / restaurants etc - didn't try riding although there looked to be a bike path along the river.
    Granada also great and of course you can pop up into the Sierra Nevada from there....