Bianchi sizing

egll8
egll8 Posts: 5
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi
I am thinking about buying a Bianchi via nirone 7 used off of eBay. However, I have not been able to find a size guide anywhere as loads of different websites were giving me different sizes. I am about 5ft and I am looking for a 50cm frame. Am I looking at the correct size?

Comments

• yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    i am 179cm with 84cm inseam and i ride 55 size infinito CV, and its perfect for me, if that helps
  • egll8
    egll8 Posts: 5
    YiannisM wrote:
    i am 179cm with 84cm inseam and i ride 55 size infinito CV, and its perfect for me, if that helps

Thanks
  • SHHH
    SHHH Posts: 22
    I have a Bianchi Via Nirone (wife's bike) and it's a "Bianchi 46cm", with effective top tube of 50cm and 8cm stem. Wife and me are both in the region of 159cm/(5.2??). I also have an aero bike and a TT bike, both effective top tube 50cm, stem length 9-10cm. I would suggest that you look at a 50cm effective top tube, any smaller and shoe/wheel overlap gets much worse. A Bianchi "50cm" could be a little big for you, as the effective top tube is longer than 50cm.
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    I’m 5ft 4 and ride 50cm Infinito. I agree you’ll need to go down a size.
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    I’m 5’9” and ride a 55cm
    To out that into perspective I also ride a 54cm and a 56cm in other road bikes.
    D
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I am just a shade under 5'10" and I ride a 55cm Impulso. I looked at a Via Nirone a few years ago and found that the 53cm and 55cm felt like a decent fit for me, the Impulso geometry is quite similar. I would suggest at 5' that a 50cm could be slightly too big.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    egll8 wrote:
    Hi
    I am thinking about buying a Bianchi via nirone 7 used off of eBay. However, I have not been able to find a size guide anywhere as loads of different websites were giving me different sizes. I am about 5ft and I am looking for a 50cm frame. Am I looking at the correct size?

My 5'1" girlfriend has a 47cm bianchi via nirone. I think is a 2013 model
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago